Chapter 29 - Death Eater Draco

The bright sun shone from above. A vibrant, radiant light pierced through the windows of the school, bringing the slightest hint of color, life, and hope.

You, being the girl you were, paced around around the halls of Hogwarts, bewildered and in utter shock.

The school had never been so dark and gloomy. Students roaming the halls no longer carried a big, cheerful smile. They looked numb, not even a single spark of emotion glinting in their eyes.

Deep down, everyone was scared. Scared for their lives. Scared for the return of the Dark Lord.

You, agitated as ever, wandered the school, hoping to find any sight of the boy. You were sure he needed you through times like these.

Thought you weren't a Death Eater. You knew and understood the pain the most.

The feeling of being lost, helpless, and alone.

The meaning to have the dark mark imprinted on your forearm for the rest of your life.

The absolute pressure to be under and the responsibility you now carry.

It's a lot to deal with.

Finally, it was your fourth year at Hogwarts as a Year 6.

Without knowing, you bumped head first into someone, causing your body to tumble backward.

"So sorry, I didn't mean to, I-" You stopped in your tracks, locking eyes with the boy.

"Draco.." You muttered, staring at the boy's grey-blue eyes.

Unlike the other students, Draco's eyes weren't emotionless, instead filled with fright, terror, and agony.

"(Y/n)..! H-Hi..!" He stuttered. "I'm quite busy, so.. uh.. see you later!"

The boy hesitantly started to back away, finally puncing away into the distance.

"Dray! Wait, I-" You tried calling for him, but he was long gone already.

That was when you were finally certain, it had already happened.

-----

Snape, finally 'Defense Against the Dark Arts' teacher, was no longer found in the potions classroom. Instead, Horace Slughorn.

Lessons started.

You, after finally taking one on one potion training lessons with Snape himself, started to get the hang of potions.

"One tiny vial of Liquid Luck to the student who in the gour remians manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death. Receipes, which can be found on page 10 of your books."

'This should be easy. We just gone through this during summer.' You thought to yourself, silently laughing at your advantage.

The scent of beans started filling the room. The gurgling sound coming from the cauldrons echoed in the room, beans flying all over the place.

You looked at your textbook, furrying your eyebrows as you read the instructions.

'This.. isn't right.' Gathering up the courage to trust your guts, you put away your textbook and followed Snape's instructions.

You watched every student start cutting up their beans as you quietly but surely crushed them with the knife.

Thought there were some hiccups on the way. You used all you remembered from your training.

"Truly wonderful! I might say it's perfect!" Slughorn said, dropping a single leaf into Harry's potion as it dissolved into the cauldrons.

You saw Hermione glaring at Harry, silently laughing, knowing she was jealous.

Just then, a leaf was dropped into your cauldron as well, dissolving just as fast as Harry's.

"I must say I'm impressed! This is as good as the last one." Slughorn said. You felt Hermione glare at you this time, probably wondering why someone so bad at potions, like you, could be better than her.

"Your name, young lady?"

"Uhm.." a shiver was sent down your spine as you gulped lightly. You debated with yourself, struck eith the realization you had no idea who you were anymore.

"(Y/n) (L/n)." You smiled politely, deciding to go with the name you were known for most.

There was a wave of mutters and murmurs filling the room. You wanted to just dig a hole and hide in it.

Finally, a gryffindor student spoke up.

"Yeah, right! We all know you're a Snape, '(L/n)'." She said, putting stress and air brackets on the word, '(L/n)'.

"You're.. Serverus' daughter?" Slughorn asked, bewildered, staring into your soul with glimmering eyes.

You nodded, silently sighing.

"Oh, why didn't you say so earlier! Severus was a gifted student of mine." He started going on, clearly making you uncomfortable.

Students started muttering again, rolling their eyes at you. You glimpsed at Draco and saw him roll his eyes back at them and glare.

You smiled lightly.

"Anywho, the Liquid Luck goes to Harry! Potter, Granger, Snape, see me after class."

And that was how you joined Slug Club.

-----

After class, you tried to hurry up to talk to Draco, knowing he was probably sad and going through hard times.

However, he was nowhere to be found.

After school, you headed towards his common room, running into Pansy at the entrance.

"Hello, (Y/n)!" She greeted, not seeming to mind you're a Snape.

"Hi, Pansy. Do you know where Draco is?"

She was about to open her mouth, though started staring uncomfortably past you, causing you to turn your head and look back..

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -