Chapter 42 - Sneaking Out

It was now around March.

Being stuck at home every day was worse than you imagined.

At least you received letters every week or so, making things less lonely.

But it's been nearly a month with no sign of Hunter anymore.

What happened..?

Suddenly, a knock on the window.

You turned to see an owl. Though, it wasn't Hunter.

You proceed to open the window and let the bird fly in, perking on your chair once more.

-----

(Y/n),
No more messing around, I'm making this quick.
Your friends were here.
They were here at Malfoy Manor.
They nearly got killed! Though I'm pretty sure they escaped.
You have to go find them. Things aren't looking good right now.
Please, Hogwarts needs you.
(P.s. Hunter is fine, just tired. Here's another owl)
Love,
D.M.

-----

You quickly grabbed a piece of parchment and scribbled down the words
'On my way, see you after Easter xxx'

"Would you be ever so kind enough to deliver this to Draco without being caught? Thank you, little one."

-----

You quickly packed your bags and changed into your uniform, wrapping the velvet red tie around your collar.

You picked up your wand and apparated to your dorm.

"Well, there goes my attempt in not doing things illegal." You sighed, taking a close look at your surroundings.

The Gryffindor dorms. You did it.

The velvet red bed sheets spread lightly across all the beds, drooping curtains in a slightly darker red, tied with a golden brim.

"Oh, I missed this place." You squealed, unpacking your stuff and grabbing your wand.

You shot a glance at the bed next to yours, noticing its emptiness.

"Stay safe, wherever you three are.." You mumbled.

You took one final look around the room as you closed the door behind.

Walking up the spiral staircase, you eventually made your way to the common room.

There sitting on the sofa, all huddled up, was a bunch of Gryffindor students.

"Sorry to bother, is Ginny here?" You said as all the students turned to look at you.

"Snape? When were you back?" One of them hissed, startled but clearly with hate.

You rolled your eyes lightly as you spoke through gritted teeth.

"I don't appreciate your criticism just because my dad is a Death Eater. Now, where's Ginny?"

"Like we'd tell you." Another one scoffed.

You forced a laugh as you carefully looked through the room.

"No? Alright then. Have a good night." You said, storming off.

You heard little mumbles from behind you as you exit the common room. You didn't know where you were headed, but you knew you had to at least do something.

"Easter holiday ends tomorrow.. Draco is bound to be back by then." You mumbled, walking the halls.

It was almost past curfew as you strut along the empty corridors. You were hesitating whether or not to go see Snape.

Still contemplating, you had knocked a door without even realizing.

You were finally brought back to your senses when you heard someone call from inside.

"Just a moment."

You blinked, finally looking around at your surroundings. You finally realized where you were.

"Yes, de-"

There was a pause as the two of you locked eyes together.

"Uhm.. hello, Professor McGonagall." You greeted awkwardly.

'Guess this is who I wanted to talk to.' You thought to yourself.

"Snape.. what a surprise. I thought you weren't coming this year." She said, keeping a subtle look on her face.

"Please don't call me that. I prefer (L/n)." You replied to her.

Of course, you identified as a Snape more, but seeing everyone thought Snape was evil right now, you decided to play along.

"Very well, (L/n). Do you need something?"

"A talk would be nice." You said, hinting lightly if you could head in to have a private conversation.

"Come in." She said, turning around.

"And close the door while you're at it."

-----

"Take a seat, (L/n)."

"Thank you, Professor."

"What did you want to talk about?" She asked, sitting at her table.

"I'd like to attend Hogwarts this year. I know I missed out on a lot, and I'll probably have to retake my seventh year next year as well. Is it too late to join halfway through the school year?"

McGonagall paused for a while.

"I'll have to ask the headmaster-"

"Please don't tell Professor Snape I'm back. I'd be in big trouble." You pleaded.

"But, your dad-"

"No. He's a Death Eater. He betrayed me." You muttered.

Her gaze seemed to soften on you as she thought about it.

"But he'll know you're back either way, (Y/n). What about lunch and everything?"

"I.. I don't know. But I'm not leaving! If we have to fight, I want to help."

"Well.. I'll see what I can do."

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -