Chapter 48 - War Is Upon Us

You walked out of Snape's office, closing the door behind as you snuck back to your common room. You had once again been there for some bonding time, knowing both of you wouldn't live long.

Before you could get back, you heard a hoot from above.

"Hunter! What are you doing here, love?" You giggled as the owl perked on your arm.

"Hoot."

"Sorry? I didn't quite get that." You apologized, scratching him behind the ear.

Hunter tilted his head side ways, giving a loud purr as you continued, walking along the halls.

"Hoot." He replied.

You shifted your gaze to his leg, realizing he once more had a string attaching a piece of parchment.

"From Dray? So sudden?" You questioned, sitting him down on an arch by the wall.

"Stay here while I get this off for you." You told him, untying the string for him.

"Good boy." You stroked his feathers lightly as he stayed still until you finished untying the string. "Thank you, boy."

Hunter gave a satisfied hoot as he stood there, watching you read the parchment carefully.

(Y/n),
No time to waste, if I get caught I'm in big trouble.
He knows something.
Protect Hogwarts, please.
He's bringing all of them to war.
You need to tell Harry to be careful whatever he's doing.
He knows.
You stay safe too, xxx
Love you vm
Yours,
D.M.

"Oh, this isn't good.." You whispered, quickly shifting your gaze to Hunter. "Do you want to stay with me for now until your owner comes back?" 

"Hoot.."

"Thanks, Hunter. You're the best! Come on, I'll get you something to eat for now."

-----

The next morning, you collected your books and headed to classes, knowing very well it was almost the end of it.

There was a knock on the door as the whole class turned around to see Snape leaning against the doorframe.

"To what do I owe this pleasure, Severus?" McGonagall questioned, looking fearless as ever.

"I'm here to borrow my daughter for a moment." Snape simply replied.

You gulped, feeling all the students glare at you as they whispered with another, shooting arrows into your heart with mean comments they thought you couldn't hear.

"Oh, who, me?" You replied, voice sharp and cold.

"(Y/n). Behave."

"I'm not your daughter. I'm not related to a monster like you."

There were a few gasps around the classroom. Honestly, no one trusted you fully and that was reasonable.

"(Y/n)-"

"She says she doesn't want anything to do with you, Severus." McGonagall chimed in.

"Thank you, Professor." You whispered as she shot you a polite smile.

"(Y/n). This is important. One moment, if I may?" Snape insisted.

Normally, he would have let you go and understood you wanted to keep your cover, but this seemed serious. There seemed to be things more important.

"Fine." You sighed, getting up and excusing yourself from the class.

You closed the door behind you as you turned to look at Snape.

"Sorry again for the attitude." You sighed.

"You're fine, (Y/n). There's something more important to discuss."

"Yes?"

"From your years of training, though you aren't a Death Eater, you've learnt how to half-apparate and fly, yes?"

"Father taught me before, although I haven't trained in a long time. Why?"

"Making sure you're prepared for what's coming.."

"Are we about to go to war.. dad?"

"..I'm afraid so." He whispered.

"God damn.. before either of us die, I hope you know I love you and you were the best dad I could ever have." You smiled.

"And you're the best daughter I could ever ask for." He replied, eyes shifting to your necklace.

"You.. kept the locket?"

"Yeah. It's from you, isn't it?"

Snape chuckled.

"Alright, you better get back to class, young lady."

"Love you, dad."

"Love you too, sweetheart."

-----

Once again, all the students of Dumbledore's Army gathered together in the hideout. Though not many trusted you, you were luckily enough to still be accepted by some.

Neville walked out from behind the painting as everyone turned to face him.

You remained silent in your corner, fidgeting with the two charms on your necklace.

"I have a surprise." Neville started.

"What is it this time, Neville?"

Neville smirked lightly as he stepped aside, revealing the Golden Trio.

The students gasped in awe as they started standing up and clapping, gathering around the passageway, helping the three of them down as they all greeted them.

"Right. So what's the plan Harry?" Neville questioned as the others stepped aside. Meanwhile, you still cocooned up in your corner.

There was an awkwardly long pause as Harry glanced around.

"Okay.. there's something we need to find. Something hidden here in the castle, and it may help us kill you-know-who." He uttered between pauses.

You lifted your head up, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

The horcrux which was hidden here in the castle.

Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem.

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -