Chapter 36 - Sectumsempra

The candles of the great hall weren't lit, the torches only having a slight hue of flare to them.

"Pst.. Harry." Hermione whispered.

Harry's eyes remained glued shut on the book he was reading.

"Harry. It's Katie."

He finally looked up.

"Katie Bell."

You turned in the direction Harry was looking at and saw the girl pass by.

Harry hurried after her, slamming his book shut and leaving the table.

"What's so special about her?"

"You don't know?" Hermione questioned.

"No."

She started explaining how she got cursed, to how the trio happened to be there, to how Harry was now trying to find the culprit.

"And what's that book he carries?"

"It's the textbook he got from potions. Apparently, it belongs to 'The Half-Blood Prince' from what Harry said."

You gulped at the name.

Snape.

Just then, you heard a shuffle behind you as you turned your head to find Harry walking away hurriedly.

A bit in front of him, a blonde. A dumb, idiotic blonde ferret.

With hurried footsteps, he shuffled into the crowds of students as Harry followed.

"I'll be back. Got to use the loo."

And with that, you hurried after them.

-----

Whimpering.

Not just any whimper.

One that belongs to Malfoy. Draco Malfoy.

You watched under the dim Hogwarts lights, seeing the back of the boy who lived grow smaller and soon disappearing as he turned the corner to enter the boys' bathroom.

You slowly tip-toed outside and leaned your back against the wall, casting a disillusionment charm on yourself.

You heard a squeak as a distant sound of running water come from inside.

You heard a bit of splashing as the water kept hitting the bottom of the sink.

There was heavy breathing as the splashing got more intense. You imagined it to be from Draco, who had hexed Katie Bell. He probably couldn't face the girl who he had to hurt.

You wondered how he faced you with no problem at all.

"I know what you did, Malfoy."

As expected, you finally heard the voice of Harry Potter.

"You hexed her, didn't you."

It was quiet for a moment, and you nearly had the urge to go take a peek, only to be disrupted by the harsh, ear-piercing sound of glass shattering.

"What the bloody hell.." You muttered in disbelief.

It was the boys' bathroom. You didn't dare go in. What's worse, if you went in, you'd probably have to pick sides.

Then, the sound of a worrying amount of water started pouring out of the faucet, as if it were broken.

More glass shatters, more glass shatters, and more glass shatters.

It was quiet for a while, and you started to grow concerned.

You started to hesitate in fear and trepidation, wondering if you should go in to help.

"Sectumsempra!" You heard Harry yell.

Your eyes widened in panic. Your face pale, the colors slowly being drained. Your lips parted lightly as they started trembling uncontrollably.

You couldn't hear anything else but the continuing sounds of the water from previously.

'And this is why you don't write down killing spells in a textbook, dad.' You silently sighed.

'Where are you when I need you most..'

You could hear Draco whining in pain with the remaining strength he had left.

Any later, the boy would be dead.

'Damn it..' You cursed, finally deciding to go in the bathroom.

-----

And there he was, lying on the ground with blood splattered on the floor.

And there he was as well, standing a few feet away from the boy, staring blankly.

"Expeliarmus." You whispered, knocking down a glass jar of flowers from near the corridor.

Harry quickly turned his head and rushed out.

"Phew. That was close." You finally sighed, undoing the charm.

You revealed yourself to the poor boy who was now gasping for air, yet staring at you in disbelief at the same time.

"Just so you know, I don't have any intentions getting in the boys' bathroom other than saving you." You quickly reassured jokingly as you knelt beside him.

You started muttering the counterspell under your breath as the blood started slowly flowing back.

"(Y/n)..?" Draco muttered breathlessly.

You continued on with the spell and ignored the boy.

He remained silent for some time.

"..thanks."

You glanced at him for a single second and smiled lightly.

"(Y/n)."

You looked up to see Snape standing by the entrance, looking at you with an unreadable expression.

"I did the basic counterspell. You'll have to finish the rest." You told him, getting up from the ground.

"Just so you know, I have no other intentions getting in the boy's bathroom." You quickly added, raising up your hands as if you'd been caught red-handed.

He chuckled lightly and nodded at you.

You returned the nod and quickly cast another disillusionment charm, walking out the bathroom.

'Draco's going to have questions.. I just know it.'

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -