Chapter 35 - (Y/n) Isn't Human

The rest of the week was spent with you back at Snape's, curled up in bed with nothing to do.

Your dad had a lot more meetings to attend and seemed to have been given important duties by Voldemort.

Voldemort.

Snape.

They were both your parents considerably. But you couldn't help but think back to the old days where only one of them truly cared..

--FLASHBACK--

"Father! Catch me!" She yelled.

"Not now, (Y/n)." He replied coldly.

"But.. but why?"

"I have work to do."

"Oh.. okay." The 7 year old girl replied.

She watched her father walk away from her, completely ignoring the broken glisten in her eyes.

The girl felt like crying. But she didn't. Not in front of him, at least.

She ran.

She ran through the halls, making her way to her happy place. Through multiple twists and turns of the mansion, she arrived at the door.

A knock. Then, a long pause.

"(Y/n)..? Are you okay?"

"Sevy!" She wailed, running up to hug the man standing behind the door.

She hugged him tightly.

"Hey.. what's wrong?" Severus comforted, watching the girl in his arms.

The girl broke into tears.

"F-Father doesn't love me..!"

"Of course he does! Your father is just busy.."

"Busy with what!"

"You.. you won't understand." He said.

The girl gazed at him with her teary eyes, too short to see his face without looking up.

"Hey, how about this? I can play with you for now." Severus asked once more, patting the girl's head.

"Yay! Sevy's the best!"

He smiled.

-----

You often stayed in the childhood room of yours, which you called home.

Whether it be now or the past, it was always your go-to place.

The place which was never yours to begin with, and was a complete mystery to you.

Though things started taking a turn.

--FLASHBACK--

She was 10, walking towards her father's meeting room, pacing the halls.

"Father? You asked to see me?"

"(Y/n), there you are. Sit down, I have some news for you."

She took a seat, shifting her gaze between her father and 'Sevy'.

"(Y/n), Severus will temporarily adopt you from now on until my work is done. He will take care of you and live with you."

"Aren't we already living together?"

"We're leaving this place, (Y/n). We're going outside-"

"-to see the world?!"

He nodded.

Her eyes lit up as her smile widened.

"When will we come back?"

"Soon, (Y/n). Soon."