Chapter 4 - Cedric Diggory

"Miss (L/n), my office after class."

You stared at Snape shocked. The others were as well.

"And might I ask what I did wrong exactly?" You said.

He looked at you for a few seconds, not breaking eye contact. And continued teaching.

'What's his problem-' You leaned on your table with your hand supporting your chin.

-----

Snape's Office

"Yes da- Professor?" You quickly corrected yourself.

"It's alright (Y/n), no one's around." He said, giving you a pat on the back.

"Dad, I don't get it. First off, why did I have to sit with Malfoy? Second, why did you need me here? Everyone thinks I did something wrong." You complained.

"(Y/n), I'm sure you're aware of Lucius Malfoy being a Death Eater." He said, slightly whispering and toning down his voice.

You nodded.

"I believe it's beneficial for you and Draco to get along with one another. And I believe I don't need to explain any further of why."

You nod again.

"Therefore, I've got in touch with your father and he would like to see you by the Christmas holidays to talk about the Malfoys and Riddles' relation."

Your eyes glistened a bit. You haven't seen Voldemort in a while and truly missed him.

"So? What do you say?" He asked.

"Do I have a choice?" You murmured.

"No."

"That was a rhetorical question, dad." You said giggling.

He grinned at you and opened his office door.

-----

You left for the hallway and headed to your next class.

You were busy thinking to yourself about what Snape had just said and didn't see someone heading your way.

Before you knew it, you bumped into a Hufflepuff, and all your books fell to the ground.

"I'm so sorry! My mind wasn't clear, I was busy thinking! I'm so sorry!" You immediately gave a slight bow and started apologizing without looking up.

"Hey, hey! Calm down." You heard a soft voice. For the first time, you glanced at the Hufflepuff's face. He had brown curly hair and was way taller than you.

"I know you. You're the new girl in Year 3." He said, kneeling down to pick up your books for you.

"Y-You don't have to do that!" You got down on the ground and started picking up your books as well.

The boy got up and held out a hand. You hesitated for a bit and let him help you up.

"Here." He said, handing you your books.

"(L/n), right?" He asked.

"Yeah. (Y/n) (L/n)." You reassured.

"And you?"

"Cedric Diggory. I'm in fifth year." He gave you a warm smile.

"Pleasure. Again, I'm so sorry for bumping into you I-"

Cedric put his finger on your lips, motioning you to be quiet.

"It's fine, really."

You were about to say something when the bell rang.

"Catch you around (Y/n)!" Cedric said, running off.

You hurried to your class and took your seat.

-----

It had been a few days, and you hadn't seen Cedric since.

You two weren't in the same house or year, so it was hard to have much interaction.

"(Y/n)! How've you been?" You suddenly heard a voice coming from behind you in the halls.

You turned around and saw Cedric running up to you.

"Senior! I've been great, and you?" You politely replied.

"Just call me Cedric, (Y/n), I've been doing well! There's a party at the Hufflepuff's common room tonight. Are you interested?"

You thought about it for a while. You didn't like parties a lot and weren't sure if Snape allowed you to go to parties.

"If you don't wanna come, that's completely understandable-" Cedric interrupted your thinking.

"I'll think about it. Thanks for the offer, Cedric!"

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

A/N : Hmm, not much of a cliffhanger this time

The parties gonna be next chapter.. guess who y/n sees at the party.. ;)