Chapter 38 - Dumbledore's Death

"Good evening, Draco. What brings you here on this fine evening?"

You watched Dumbledore from below and stood next to Harry.

Of course, he didn't know you were there.

"Who else is here! I heard you talking." Draco aimed his wand at Dumbledore, rushing through his words.

'Draco.. don't..' You crossed your fingers.

"Draco. You are no assassin." Dumbledore replied to the blonde.

'Yeah! Listen to him for once!' You yelled deep down.

"How do you know what I am? I'm things that would shock you."

'You're not exactly good at hiding the fact you're a Death Eater, Draco.' You rolled your eyes.

"Trust me. I was chosen." The boy said, pulling up his sleeve to reveal the mark embedded on his left forearm.

The dark mark.

"Well. I shall make it easier for you." Dumbledore said, attempting to pull something out of his pocket.

"EXPELIARMUS!" It was the fastest the boy had ever spoken.

Whatever Dumbledore was holding flew out of his hand and onto the ground.

'D r a c o.' You yelled angrily in your mind, as if you were watching a K-Drama.

Suddenly, there were sounds of a door creaking.

It opened and was shut tight after.

"There are others.. how?" He asked bewildered.

'The vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirements..' You thought to yourself as Draco said the same.

"I've been mending it."

You watch the raven haired boy next to you start backing away, continuing to look up.

He was keeping his eye on Professor Dumbledore as you kept yours on Draco.

"Borgin and Burkes? They form a passage."

"Genius.. Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices." Dumbledore started.

'That would be Father..'

"Please don't make the same mistakes."

"I don't want your help! Don't you understand?!" Draco muffled under a broken voice.

"I have to do this! Or he's gonna kill me!"

'No, he won't.. I won't let him, Dray. You don't have to be afraid.'

The poor boy, now shivering, was visibly starting to panic.

'He deserves to know I'm his daughter..'

Just then, the Death Eaters enter.

You girt your teeth at the sight of them. You never really liked them.

"Well, look what we have here. Well done, Draco." Bellatrix whispered in an unsoothing tone, sending Shivers down your spine.

"Evening, Bellatrix." Dumbledore greeted.

You turned to face Harry once more, the boy now looking agitated as ever.

You watched him stare at his dear professor, glancing back at the Death Eaters.

"Do it."

Your attention was brought back to the ones up in the astronomy tower.

Draco, wand aimed at Dumbledore with a shivering hand, gave a light gulp.

But before you could react, you heard the lightest commotion from behind you.

And there standing in front of your very own eyes was your dad. Severus Snape.

You eyes widened at the sight of him as you watched him put his finger to his mouth, motioning for Harry to be quiet.

'No.. he isn't..' You realized his intentions and quickly undid your spell.

This time, both Harry and Snape were shocked to see you.

"How long have you been here?!" Harry mouthed.

"A while." You mouthed back.

Finally, you shifted your gaze to Snape.

He looked at you, furrowing his eyebrows as a small spark glinted in his eyes.

You shook your head violently, staring at him with eyes of horror.

He looked down and avoided your gaze.

Harry gave you a questioning stare.

You also looked down to avoid his gaze.

However, with this, Snape took the chance to pass you by silently.

You caught sight of his silhouette walking past, and you quickly jolted your head up and turned to grab his arm.

"Dad.." You whimpered in the lightest voice, seeing as the Death Eaters were fighting and yelling so loudly upstairs.

"I'm sorry. I need to go help him. It's your choice to follow us or not." He muttered, pulling his arm back and taking his leave.

You stared at his back as he walked up the stairs.

You felt a hand wrap around your shoulder as tears started filling your eyes.

You couldn't believe it.

"DO IT DRACO! NOW!" You heard Bellatrix yell.

"No."

And there it was. The voice of Snape's protest.

"Severus." Dumbledore said bluntly.

You shifted your gaze upwards to look at Dumbledore. You could see the reflection of Snape in his eyes as the moonlight glistened above you all.

There was a pause.

"Please."

He looked calm.

You needed to talk to Snape. You had to. But your cover couldn't be blown.

"Avada Kedavra." Your head shot upwards again as you were brought back to reality. Your eyes widened at the sight, and you could feel Harry's grip on you tighten.

He did it. He used the unforgivable curse.

But he saved Draco from a life's guilt.

You clasped a hand over your mouth as your knees started to grow weak. You collapsed, luckily having Harry hold on to you.

You both watched Dumbledore get hit by the spell and fall off the astronomy tower.

You felt Harry's hands tremble lightly as he continued helping you stand.

The Death Eaters left, and it was just you and Harry staying under the crime scene.

"(Y/n).. wait here. I'm going to catch up to them." He said, helping you steady your footsteps.

He started pacing towards the exit.

"Harry, wait!"

He stopped and turned his head to look back at you.

"I'm coming with you."

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -