Chapter 25 - Umbridge Detention

You marched up to the Slytherin common room, hoping to talk with Draco.

"(Y/n)?" A voice called out.

"Pansy!" You turned your head to be greeted by Pansy Parkinson.

"What brings you here?" She asked.

"Is Draco awake?"

"I'm not sure. I just woke up myself. I could go ask the others if you'd like?" She asked.

"Thank you." You replied as she turned her back to head back inside.

"Where are you taking me?!" An abrupt scrappy voice of a boy came from inside which caught your attention.

Pansy walked out, followed by Draco, who was being dragged along by her.

"There. You're welcome." She giggled, winking at you.

Draco brushed his hair and dusted off his shoulder, finally aiming his gaze at you.

He quickly looked around and finally let out a sigh.

"Morning princess. This is a surprise." He said, holding your hands in his.

You quickly pulled away, staring at him.

"What's with the attitude?"

"Speak for yourself, Malfoy." You started.

Draco gulped. He could hear the anger in your voice and he didn't like it.

"Last name basis, eh?" He said, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall.

"You." You said firmly, gripping your hands tight.

"You betrayed us." You whimpered, looking down at the ground.

"Correction, I was never a part of the stupid army, so I didn't betray anyone." He said.

"You betrayed me. You promised.." You trailed off, voice starting to crack.

"I-" Draco said, until suddenly stopping.

He bit his lip lightly as he, too, stared down at the floor.

"Sorry." He blurted out.

Silence.

You awaited for him to continue on, but to your surprise, he said something else.

"But hey, they deserved it."

"What?" You said, suddenly looking back up at him.

"I mean, they shouldn't have gone against the rules so they deserved it."

"Dumbledore left because of you!"

"So?"

"I- you know what? Forget it. I wanted to talk to you about something else."

Draco stared at you, waiting for you to go on.

"Why.. do you act like you don't know me around your friends?"

"Excuse me?"

"You.. ignore me." You muttered, looking down once again.

"I.."

"Am I embarrassing to be seen with?" You spat.

"What? No! I just-"

"Am I ruining your reputation, Mr. Malfoy?" You cut him off again.

He remained silent.

"Don't bother. I know your answer already."

"(Y/n) that's not what I meant-" Draco stammered, moving his hands anxiously.

"Save it." You turned on your heels and started walking away.

Draco gripped onto your wrist and clenched on tight.

"Ow!" You yelped in pain.

He immediately let go and looked at you with fear.

"I-I'm so sorry-"

Before he could finish, the door to their common room opened as a few Slytherin students walked out, including Crabbe and Goyle.

Draco didn't hesitate and lightly pushed you backwards, making you stumble back on the ground, landing on your butt.

He gave a smug smile and crouched down.

"Weak." He said, ignoring the anger and tears in your eyes.

You helped yourself up and stared him down.

"C'mon, hit her again." Crabbe wooed from afar.

"I'll do it for you." Goyle said, getting ready to punch you in the face.

Just then, Draco hit him hard in the stomach, causing him to tumble back.

Crabbe gulped as Draco shifted his gaze to him.

He tumbled back on his own as his legs got weak.

"Don't hurt her. Understand?"

Before you could say anything, you saw Umbridge standing afar along with the Slytherin students from earlier.

"Ahem. What is going on here?" Umbridge asked, giving her fake sweet smile.

"P-Professor-" Draco stuttered.

"I was just teaching Grabbe and Goyle a lesson for getting in my way. Draco's next." You said, filled with pride.

Although you were secretly scared for life on the inside.

"(Y/n) what are you-"

"Shut it, ferret."

"(Y/n) was it? That is no way to treat our schoolmates! Detention, miss!"

Crabbe and Goyle were dumbfounded by the situation and remained silent.

"But professor-"

"I've heard enough Malfoy. Please escort those two to the Hospital Wing."

-----

Umbridge led you to her office, as shivers were sent up your spine.

The room was awfully.. pink.

With a lot of cats too.

"Cute room." You muttered.

'Unlike your personality.' This time only thinking.

"Here we are. I'd like you to write 'I must not hurt people' on this piece of parchment until you've learnt your lesson."

You sat down and picked up the quill.

"Where's the ink?"

"You won't be needing it."

That was when you realized.. it wasn't any ordinary quill.

You took a deep breath and started writing..

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

(If you don't know what happens, what you write will be cut into your skin,in this case (Y/n)'s hand. But who am I kidding, you're reading hp fanfiction of course you know-)