Chapter 54 - Y/n Riddle

"I can't lose you.."

You stared into his grey-blue eyes. And that's when the trigger word hit.

"(Y/n).."

You turned in the direction of the sound and locked eyes with Hermione.

"Well, sh*t." You sighed.

"Why are you standing there." Ron said in a questioning tone, though it seemed more like a rhetorical question.

"I.. I'm sorry. It's what I was born to do."

You felt an unease being sent down your spine, a shiver spread lightly across your body.

"(Y/n). Come here, now."

You stepped forward and hid behind Voldemort as you clung onto him lightly while he kept you safe, sadly leaving Draco alone with Bellatrix.

"Please.. I don't want to choose sides.." You muttered.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n). It has to be this way.."

Everyone stared at you, obviously shocked seeing as the Dark Lord was hugging you at this very moment and apologizing.

"(Y/n), if you're on his side.. consider our friendship over." There was a sharp pain across your chest as you heard that very sentence.

You turned to look at George this time.

Great, just great. Now everyone thought you were turning your backs on them and was going to hate you forever.

"Why are you even doing this (Y/n)? You keep changing your mind.. it's confusing."

"Georgie, I.." You were out of words, completely speechless. "I'm sorry.. all of you. I'm sorry for lying."

"(Y/n).. just who exactly are you?" Neville asked, walking forward.

"I.. (Y/n). (Y/n) Riddle."

-----

After chatters and chatters, no one responded for a solid while as they all just muttered under scared, shocked whispers.

"(Y/n).. you don't have to do this.." Neville muttered, looking right into your eyes.

"And who might you be, young man?" He asked, slowly closing with Neville.

Now, you were standing there alone awkwardly. Sowly walking away, you were lost as to where to go.

Narcissa beckoned you to head over, and so you followed.

You stood next to Draco, who had returned to his parents after you left, apparently, as he glimpsed down at you.

You looked back.

"Dray.. are you with me?"

"Always, princess."

"Follow my lead."

"I'd like to say something." Neville suddenly said, catching your attention.

"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone. People die every day! Friends.. family.."

You stared at him.

"We lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us.. in here." He said, pointing at his heart.

"So is Fred, Remus, Tonks.. all of them." At this, you looked at Harry, whose eyelids were moving the slightest bit.

You knew he was alive, but no one else did.

Thinking of all the moments you all shared together, this was surely not how it should end. Not by betrayal.

"It's not over!" He shouted, pulling out the Gryffindor sword from the hat.

"Go!" You yelled, signaling at Draco and Harry.

"Pottah!" He said, tossing his wand at Harry, who had rolled off from Hagrid's arms.

"And let the final war begin." You muttered under your breath.

-----

Death Eaters and Hogwarts students started fighting each other, everyone going all over the place.

You saw a Hufflepuff girl fighting off one of the Death Eaters.

Zoey Cassidy.

"Stupefy!" You yelled, knocking Zoey on the ground.

"I've got her. You go after the others." You said in a cold voice.

The Death Eater nodded and left.

"Zoey, are you okay?! Quick, let's go!" You whispered, helping her up.

"(Y/n)..? You're a Riddle..?"

"There's no time for introductions! Let's go help the others!" You exclaimed as she nodded.

"I thought you were on their side?" She asked as the two of you ran through the halls, fighting off Death Eaters.

"It's like they say, never judge a book by its cover. In my case, never judge a person by their last name."

She giggled as you guys dashed towards the main hall where everyone else was.

"You'll be okay, right?"

"Mhm. Stay safe, (Y/n)."

You parted ways with her and looked around. Barely anyone paid attention to you.

Well, except for them, of course..

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

A/N :

Will upload the finale and endings tomorrow! Sorry for the wait.

But I hope 8 chapters is enough for you guys for now <3

See ya tmr