Chapter 32 - Draco in Trouble

"Luna? Luna Lovegood?" Hermione questioned.

Harry nodded his head.

"Out of everyone, why Luna?" You asked.

You didn't have anything against Luna Lovegood, but you were just confused as to why Harry asked her.

"Well, Ginny is going with Dean, Hermione is going with McLaggen, so I didn't have anyone else to go with."

You both shot him a knowing glare.

"Say.. you wanted to go with Ginny?" You smirked.

"As friends, of course!" He said, ears flushing a tint of red.

"Friends? What am I? A roach?" You playfully rolled your eyes.

"What no, I-"

You burst into laughter, seeing the look on Harry's face.

"Shut up (Y/n)!"

"Ow. Cruel."

Hermione giggled along, finally shifting her gaze at you.

"Who are you taking anyway, (Y/n)?"

"Well, I-"

Before you could say anything, the common room door opened. Ron and Lavender stepped inside, her hand around Ron's.

The three of you paused, eyeing the couple as they passed by and sat down on the chair next to you.

You cleared your throat, uncomfortably looking away from the two, who were now making out on the couch beside you three.

"I better get ready. See you two later." Hermione said, heading off back to the dorms.

"Same." You said, following her.

"Don't just leave me here." Harry muttered as you started silently laughing.

-----

It was a quiet, dark night, the halls empty and crepuscular. The eerie gust of wind in the corridors was making dust fly around.

There was someone there.

And under the flickering lights, a silhouette of a boy could be seen, lurking in the shadows of Hogwarts.

The clock stroke eight.

Guests started arriving, filling the room. You looked around to see everyone with their dates, though you didn't feel alone.

"(Y/n), there you are!"

You turned your head to see Slughorn accompanied by Snape.

"I was just telling your father how amazing your potion skills are! It's like they say, like father like daughter!"

Snape gave a silent giggle, and you eyed him, knowing he was laughing at how bad your skills would be without his help.

"In my defense, I aced everything but potions last year, so shut up." You huffed, crossing your arms and giving him a joking stare.

"And in my defense, you would still be failing potions if I hadn't helped you during summer." He replied, returning the sarcasm.

"Screw you."

"Love you too, dear."

Slughorn laughed at you two as you joined along, Snape only smiling lightly as he wasn't used to showing emotion in front of other people.

"I've never seen you this happy around anyone in so long, Severus."

"Yes, well, she's.. special." He replied, shifting his gaze away from you.

"Aww, I am?" You asked, giving him a puppy-eyed look.

He cleared his throat and uncomfortably looked around, still avoiding your stare.

"I will be right back." He suddenly said, walking towards the curtains.

You and Slughorn gave another giggle.

"Excuses excuses." You said.

"I can tell he loves you dearly, though."

You looked in his direction once more, seeing his shadow along who seemed to be Harry and McLaggen. A warm smile spread across your face.

"Enjoying yourself, (Y/n)?" Slughorn asked once more.

You nodded, picking up a chocolate frog from the table.

The party continued on, you, just being alone, were having the time of your life.

Just then, the door barged open.

"Professor Slughorn, I found this boy lurking in the upstairs corridors. He claims to be invited to your party."

You turned to see Filch holding a blonde by the collar. A shocked look spread across your face.

"Okay, fine, I was-"

"He's my date!" You cut him off.

There was a quiet, long pause. You felt hundreds of eyes turn to look at you, but you didn't care. Your gaze was occupied by someone else.

A shocked boy, a mix of emotions dwelling inside of him, the fear and regret visible in his eyes. He looked eyes with you as Flich let him go.

"Alright, everyone, carry on!" Slughorn said, trying to brighten the mood.

Guests started chatting g again as they carried along with the party. You, however, still remained still in your spot, completely frozen, bewildered by what you just did; what you just said.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

You hesitantly looked at him, slowly walking towards him.

"If you're trying to get to the Room of Requirements, don't do it when Filch is on patrol, stupid ferret."

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -