|9|

Dorinda

Dorinda

"Hello? Doe is everything alright?"

"Yes...everything is fine."

"It doesn't sound like it? What's wrong D?"

I called my younger sister Karen because I needed someone to vent to and I knew Karen was the best to listen and give me some reasonable advice.

I sighed. "Okay, you remember when I was telling you Greg was on my back about getting a bodyguard?"

"Yeah."

"Well I hired one and we ended up sleeping together last night and now his ex girlfriend is pregnant and he's getting back with her even though she cheated on him and he even caught her with the boy. I just don't understand why he has to go back with her. Co parenting is a thing."

"Wow that was a lot.....But he has a responsibility he has to take care of D. Yes she may have cheated on him but she needs him there for her while she's going through this. Pregnancy is tuff and you can't just deal with it alone. He's probably the only other person she has that can help her."

"But Karen-"

"Doe if you got pregnant by Greg and he found out you were sleeping around you would still want him to be there while you were pregnant...correct?"

"I mean...yeah I guess, but I have you, Jacky, and Twinkie to help me."

"And if you didn't have us?...you will understand when you get pregnant. Now about this whole sleeping with another man, Doe what were you thinking?"

I sighed. "I know...but Karen I just wanted someone to satisfy my needs and he was the only person at the moment that would.

"Doe you're married."

"Greg and I haven't had sex in 7 months I needed something Karen."

"I understand that but D you're still married. You should have talked to Greg instead of stepping out on your marriage."

"You don't think I haven't said something to him. He always has this excuse that he's tired from work, But it's fine it was just a one time thing....I think." I mumbled that last part. I honestly didn't want to stop sleeping with Meech, but if he was getting back with his ex I don't think it was a good idea to keep sleeping around with him.

"You must have caught feelings or something." I heard Karen say making me snap out of my thoughts.

"What! No! Uh un!" I quickly said.

"People who respond fast like that are usually guilty."

Was she right though? I mean yeah he's good looking, a nice guy, and he knows how to put it down in the bedroom but I don't know if I would say I have caught feelings.

"Karen I haven't caught feelings with that boy."

"Mmmmhm if you say so Miss thang."

I heard a knock at my door. "Karen I gotta go someone is at my door. I'll text you when I get home tomorrow."

"Alright big Sis, love you."

"Love you too." I said then ended the call. I got up and opened the door.

"Can I talk to you?" Meech said to me. I looked him up and down and he had on a wife beater with some grey sweatpants. I would be lying I ain't say he looked good but I had to keep my focus.

I didn't say anything I just moved to the side letting him in. I closed the door then folded my arms.

"Make it quick I'm ready to lay down." I said with an attitude.

"I advise you to lose the attitude." He said to me. "Now I came over here so I could explain why I'm getting back with her."

"I'm listening."

Meech just looked at me then laughed a little. I furrowed my eyebrows tryna figure out what's so funny.

"And what's so funny."

"Nun Ma, but look I'm only doing this because I have a responsibility I have to take care of. I've always told myself I would never be like my father who left my mom's when he found out she was pregnant. Yeah I know she fucked up but all I'm worried about is my child that she is carrying."

"That's your excuse?" I said to him.

"Huh?"

"You came in here to tell me that lame ass story. If you ain't want to fuck no more you could have simply just said that."

"You really think I would get back with that girl and she cheated on me?"

"I mean that's what it seem like y'all young nigga's like."

"You trippin."

"Oh I'm trippin now. We fucked and now all of a sudden your "ex" is pregnant and you're just gonna get right back with her?"

"It's not-"

"You could just Co-parent with that girl, but I should have known better to mess around with someone younger than me." I opened the door for him. "Now If you don't need anything else that's regarding business, I think you should leave."

Meech didn't say a word. He just walked out and went straight to his room. I closed the door and locked it.

These next couple of days were about to be some hard days.