| 20 |

Dorinda

Dorinda

"Just give me one more push!" The doctor told me as I held Meech and Karen's hands. It's been a good 10 minutes of me trying to push this baby out of me and I don't know how much more pushing I can do.

I had dried up tears and sweat on my face from trying to push out our baby girl.

"Come on Ma you got this, she almost here." Meech said to me and kissed my forehead.

"Alright Dorinda. This is it, give me your best push!"

I squeezed Meech and Karen's hands as I let out the best push I could. Next thing I heard were loud cries. The doctor gave her to me laying her on my chest as she cried. Some of the nurses came over to clean her up as I held her. I couldn't help but to look at her.

"Awee Meech she looks just like you." Karen said.

"Would you like to cut the umbilical cord?" The nurse asked Meech handing him the scissors. They clamped off the section he needed to cut. He cut the umbilical cord and handed the scissors back to the nurse.

"Baby she's gorgeous." I said as I caressed her cheek with my thumb a singular tear falling down my face. I just couldn't believe I just had a baby and with someone I genuinely loved and who genuinely loved me too. I was finally happy.

"My little princess." Meech said.

"Did y'all ever pick a name?" Karen asked us.

"Maddison." Meech and I said in sync.

Our little Maddie was born.  Maddison Grace Carter

-
Meech

It's been a month now since Doe gave birth and everything has been going great. Doe and I are settled in Detroit. We moved into our new home and everyone has been a big help with Maddie. My Momma, Doe Sisters and Cammie come over almost everyday to come see Maddison.

Today was a chill day for us. We sat in the living room together. Maddison was asleep in her swing and Doe was laying on top of me asleep as well. We we're supposed to be watching a movie but 10 minutes in Doe was knocked out. We had a long day so I couldn't be upset. Maddison had to get her shots so we had to deal with a lot of crying throughout the day.

My phone began to ring. I took it off the charger and answered it.

"Yo Meech! What you doing Nigga?" I heard Antwan say. I could hear music in the background so I knew he was at some party.

"Nun man just chillin with my girls. Wassup?"

"Man come out with the boys. They wanna see yo ass and it's someone that wants to see you too."

"Who?"

"Bring yo ass out here and you'll see." He said.

I looked over at Maddison then down at Dorinda. I didn't wanna leave my girls but I did want to hang with the homeboys.

"Give me a few minutes I'll be on the way."

"Aight Nigga." He said and hung up the phone.

I put my phone down and kissed Dorinda's forehead and rubbed circles on her back. She began to stir awake.

"Ma?" I asked seeing if I would get a response.

"Hmmmm?" She whined.

"Come on so you can go upstairs and get in the bed."

"But what about the movie?" She said half sleep.

"Baby the movie just went off. You missed the whole thing." I said as I held her and sat up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and slowly went back to sleep. I picked her up and carried her upstairs to the room. I laid her down and took her socks off. I pulled the cover on her and turned the baby monitor on. I went downstairs and slowly picked Maddison up trying my best not to wake her. I took her into the nursery and laid her down. I turned on the little night light and left out the room leaving it cracked a little.

I went back into our bedroom and went and took a quick shower. After my shower I put some clothes on and kissed Dorinda on her forehead before I left out.

I grabbed my keys, got in the car and made my way to the party Antwan sent me.

I pulled up to a big house with people all around. Some was outside and some were inside from what I saw from my car. I could even hear the music from my car. I got out and made my way into the house looking for Antwan. I dapped up a few people I knew from when I was younger.

I saw Antwan at the bar with a few of our homeboys we went to Highschool with. I went over to them and dapped them all up.

"Damn man look at you!" My homie Q said dapping me up.

"Ayo where you been hidin bruh?" My other Homie Reggie said dapping me up.

"I ain't seen y'all niggas in years. What's been up with y'all?"

"Man you know nun much. Still makin that money." Q said to me.

"Man you gone have to hook me up since I'm back."

"Oh shit you staying for good? Ant ain't tell us that."

"Yeah me and my girl moved back and I don't plan on leaving no time soon." I said to them.

"Well let's get this Nigga a drink. Uh Bartender give him a a henny on the rocks." Ant said to the girl.

"Aight so who wanted to see me?" I asked Ant.

"Oh shit. Follow me man. You ain't gone believe this shit. He handed me my drink and took me through the crowd and out to the backyard. We walked over to the outside bar.

Ant tapped this girl. "I told you I won't lyin." He said and she turned around.

"Hey Meech long time no see." She smiled.

"Hey....Kamil."

Kamil was my ex.....She was almost my wife too.

...

Oop wellllllll 🫢 let's see how this finna go 🫣
What do y'all think Doe's reaction is going to be when she finds out.