|13|

Meech

Meech

I quickly got ready after Dorinda and I got off the phone. She sounded upset and I wanted to get to her as fast as I could.

"Who was that on your phone?" Nova questioned me as she walked into my bedroom.

"My boss. Look I don't have time to talk." I said to her going into my closet.

"Your boss gets to call you Meech?"

"Everyone calls me Meech." I said nonchalantly.

"Meech it's about to be 10:00. You're really about to leave this late for her?"

"It's my job Nova. When she calls I have to be there. Now I would appreciate it if you would leave me alone so I can leave." I put on a shirt and some jeans then I walked out and grabbed my phone and my keys.

"Demetrius you better not be fucking her!"

Before I left out the room, I turned and walked up to her making her step back into the wall. "Don't be worried about who I'm fucking. I should be asking you who you may have been messing around with. I don't question you so you sure as hell shouldn't be questioning me." I said to her then I walked out and made my way to the elevator.

I could hear the hurt all in Dorinda's voice when she was on the phone. I huffed as I leaned against the elevator wall. I just hoped she was okay.

The elevator finally opened to the garage and I made my way to my car. When I got in I sent her a text letting her know I was on the way. I started my car and made my way to her house.

-

I made it to her house in about 30 minutes. I called her phone to let her know I was outside. She picked up after the second ring.

"I'm outside. You need me to come in?"

"No. I'm coming out right now." She said and hung up the phone. Not too long after she hung up, she walked out the house. I got out and went to the passenger side and opened her door. She got in and before I closed the door I got a good look at her face.

Her eyes were red and puffy and you could see the wet tears still on her face. It hurt me seeing her like that. I closed her door and got into the driver side. I drove off and as I was driving I glanced over at her and she was staring out the window and from time to time I would hear her sniff or see her wipe her face.

I put my hand on her thigh. "Where you wanna go?" I asked her.

"Anywhere but there." She quietly said.

I nodded my head and decided to take her to a hotel so it could just be us. I would just order us some food later on if she was hungry.

After a while of driving I so happened to glance over and she was asleep. I pulled up to a hotel and got out the car. I went inside to get us a hotel room for the night.  After I got the room for us and the key, I went back to the car and got Dorinda out and carried her inside. I didn't want to wake her so carrying her was my only option and I definitely didn't mind.

I rode the elevator with her in my arms. I just wanted to know what was going on. She sounded fine earlier when I called her, so what had changed?

Once the elevator opened I looked at the key to make sure I had the right room. I unlocked the door and I took her into the bedroom and gently laid her down. I took her shoes off, then I turned the air off and took my shoes off too. I laid down behind her and pulled her into my chest. I turned the tv on and wrapped my arms around her. I was gonna lay here until she woke up, I wasn't going anywhere.

-

A good 45 minutes went by and Dorinda had woken up. She looked at me and a small smile appeared on her face. She didn't say anything but she pecked my lips then got up and went into the bathroom. I sat up on the bed and waited for her to come out.

She opened the bathroom door and stood there. "Can you tell me what's going on?" I asked and put my hand out inviting her to come closer. She came over and I pulled her on my lap.

She was quiet for a moment then she sighed. "I saw Greg-" I wiped the tear that fell down her face.

"I saw Greg fucking some other girl in my bed. They didn't see me though, and Like I know we've been messing around....But this was different, it feels different. To make it worse It's what he said that made me realize something." She spoke with a shaky voice.

"Realize what? What did he say?" I questioned as I rubbed her arm.

"He said it gets better every time he's in it. I had a feeling he was messing around for a while, because he hasn't really been affectionate like he used to be and then all the back and forth we've been having explains everything now." She put her face in her hands but I moved her hands from her face and pulled her into me as she cried into my chest.

"Ma, I'm sorry you had to see that. I know how it feels to see someone you love in a situation like that, but know I got you. Youn need him cause you got me Ma. I'm not going nowhere, and until you're ready to confront him imma be with you then. Okay?"

"You're gonna get through this Ma. I promise." I rubbed her back as she nodded her head and cried.

"You hungry?"

"No, Can we just lay here?" She asked me.

"Sure." I held her and laid against the headboard, she rested her head on my chest and I rubbed her back and kissed her forehead.