| 22 |

Meech

Doe ended up leaving for her brunch date with her sisters and Maddie. So I decided to take Kamil up on her offer for lunch. I wasn't tryna sneak around but I just wasn't ready to tell Doe about Kamil and I's old relationship. I don't want her to feel some kind of way about me talking to her again. It's not like a Nigga tryna do something with her. I just wanna catch up with her. That's it, that's all.

After I got ready Kamil sent me where she would be so I made my way to her.

After driving for 10 minutes I made it to the little spot she was at. I walked in and she waved at me. I let the waiter know I was meeting her and I walked back to the both she was at.

"I'm surprised you came!" Kamil said when I sat down. "Your little girlfriend let you out I see." She joked.

"She doesn't let me do anything. I do what I want. Plus stop making these jokes about my girl."

"Sorry Meech, I just-." She got quiet.

"Just what?" I questioned sitting back against the booth.

"I just miss you Meechie. I miss what we had and I be thinking about what we could have been. I've tried to date but I can't find nobody like you." She said to me, she reached out and grabbed my hand.

"I just wish I could accept the fact that you moved on but I still feel like we have a connection. When I saw you last night I got that same feeling I did when I saw you in high school."

"Listen Kamil, I appreciate you telling me this but I'm happy and in love and I have kids now. So my mind is on my baby girls and my soon to be wife. I was hoping maybe we could have a little friendship or sum since I'm back but we can't do nothing more, we won't do nothing more." I said and she let my hand go.

"Yeah whatever." She picked up her menu and began to look over it. I just shook my head and looked over mine. I ain't want shit else from Kamil but a possible friendship. I hope I don't regret this shit later.

Dorinda

"I can't get enough of her." Karen smiled as she held Maddison. Since I got here my sisters have been cooing and gushing over Maddison.

"So Doe you happy to be back home?" Twinkie asked me.

"Im so happy to be back. I missed Detroit so much, I wish I never let Greg talk me into leaving y'all."

"And how have you and Meech been?" Jacky asked.

"We've been great actually. He already wants to have another baby but I told him, he better put a ring on my finger before we have anymore kids."

"I know that's right!" Jacky said and started to laugh.

"There is one thing that has been bothering me tho." I sighed. I was really debating on telling my sisters about this old friend of Meech's because they're always quick to jump to conclusions, well Jacky jumps to conclusions.

"What's going on D?" Karen asked me.

"Meech went and saw an "old friend" at some party last night and like I don't mind it but he didn't tell me he was going anywhere last night and he hasn't even told me who this person is either."

"You don't think he's-" Karen started.

"No, not at all. I don't think he would do that." I said to them.

"Doe I don't know. If he couldn't tell you who the old friend is then it must be somebody who used to be important in his life." Jacky said.

"Doe why haven't you just asked what her name is?" Twinkie asked.

"I shouldn't have to ask Twink. He should be willing to just tell me if it's just an innocent old little friend." I spoke.

"D I would say just ask him who she is for the sake of you. If it's bothering you that much to know. Just ask." Karen said.

"Uh Dorind?" Jacky called my name.

"Yeah Jacky?"

"Didn't you say Meech was at the house?"

"Yeah he's supposed to be. Why?"

"Aw hell nah." Jacky said.

"What!? What is it?!"

I looked over at what she was looking at and it was Meech sitting in a booth with some girl laughing and carrying on. My heart began to race and my hands began to sweat.

"Doe Doe don't get yourself amped up okay. It's maybe just a simple little lunch." Twinkie said.

"Dorinda if you don't go over there and see who that heffa is that's Ki Kiking in your man's face." Jacky said to me.

I was about to get up but Karen grabbed my arm. "Take a deep breath before you go over there." She whispered to me.

Karen was the only person who really knew how angry I can get and how my anxiety messes with me in some situations. She's the only one I've ever let see me in that way. Jacky and Twinkie have seen be upset but it doesn't beat what Karen has seen be go through.

It took Karen and the police to stop me from almost killing this guy I had dated in college. I walked in on him cheating and till this day I really don't remember all that happened after I walked in.

I got up from the booth and made my way over to where Meech and this girl was.

"Enjoying your lunch?" I asked.

"It's great, thank- Doe?" Meech looked up at me like he seen a ghost.

"Meech who is this old ass lady?" The trick said.

"Bitch I got your old ass-" I stepped up but Meech stood up stoping me.

"Aight chill!"

"So this the bitch you saw last night?" I asked him. "Why are you having lunch with her Demetrius? Why didn't you tell me? Huh!?"

"Baby I can explain-" he said.

"Bitch? Who the fuck you callin a bitch?" The girl stood up. "I can show you a bitch!"

"I want you to touch me! I'll have yo ass on this floor before you could finish blinkin"

"Aye y'all cut this shit out!"

"Look, Meech call me. I think it's best I go." The girl said and left out the restaurant. When she left he looked at me.

"Baby listen-"

"Save that shit Demetrius." I pushed him and walked away from him. I went back to my sister's and gathered Maddie and I's things and left out the restaurant. I needed to go calm myself down before I talk to Meech. I just couldn't believe him right now.

...

Wow another chapter y'all better enjoy this before I go MIA again 😭😭