| 21|

Meech

"I can't believe you are back in Detroit! When Antwan told me I didn't believe him. And here you are still lookin fine as ever." She bit her lip.

"Yeah...I'm here in the flesh." I chuckled.

"Well give me a hug." She stood up and hugged me. I hugged her back but not for long.

"Ant tells me you have a baby. Is it true?"

"Yeah...I have two actually."

"Oh so that's how you been rolling since I seen you?"

"Nah nah, it ain't like that. It's a long story but I'm not rolling like that. I have a girl."

"Oh really? And what is this Girls name?" She asked and folded her arms.

"Dorinda, you might've heard of her."

"You'll have to introduce me to her." She smirked.

"Uh maybe." I checked the time on my watch and it was 1:30 am.

"Meech come on get some more drinks, have some fun." Kamil said to me.

"I don't want to get too messed up I have to get back home." I spoke.

"Just have a few drinks Man. It won't hurt you." Ant said patting my back.

I contemplated for a moment but I eventually gave in and had a few more drinks and maybe smoked a blunt or two as well. I had made my way back into the house and sat on the couch. I could feel my drinks and a Nigga was a little tipsy.

"Meech you okay?" I heard and looked up and it was Kamil.

"Uh yeah I'm cool." I said and she sat beside me.

"You sure?" She asked putting her hand on my thigh she moved a little closer to me as well. I moved her hand and looked at her. She had this look I knew too well of.

"Look I gotta go it's getting late." I say about to stand up.

"Wait. Here's my number." She took a paper out her purse and wrote her number down. She handed it to me and I took it and put it in my pocket.

"Thanks."

"Call me, okay? I wanna know if you get home safe."

"Aight. It was nice seeing you Kamil." I stood up and she stood up as well she gave me and hug and on the way out I dapped Q and Reggie up before I went out to my car.

When I got to the car I sat there for a minute trying to sober up a little. After I got myself straight I made my way home which only took me a good 20 minutes.

I parked the car in the driveway and made my way into the dark house. I went upstairs and peeked in the nursery and Maddie was still sound asleep. I went into Doe and I's bedroom and she was still asleep as well so I quickly undressed into my boxers. I took the paper out my pants pocket and sent Kamil and text letting her know I was good.

I got into the bed with doe and pulled her to me, I kissed her forehead before I dozed off to sleep.

...

Dorinda

I woke up to the sound of Maddie's loud cry. I looked at the clock and it was 6:45 in the morning. I got up and grabbed my robe and made my way to the nursery that was down the hall.

"Okay okay. I'm right here sweet girl." I say as I walk in. I picked her up and began to rock her trying to calm her down some before she woke Meech up.

She continued to cry so I made my way downstairs to make her bottle.

"Alright babygirl it'll be ready in a few minutes." I said as I kissed her forehead. I sat her in her swing as she continued to cry and kick. I quickly made her bottle and took her out her swing. I carried her upstairs and went into Meech and I's bedroom. I got back in bed and held her as she drunk her milk.

I heard Meech's phone chime indicating he had a new text. Then it chimed again and me being me I grabbed his phone and looked at the messages.

Unknown number: "It was great seeing you last night😉💕.

Unknown Number: "Want to have lunch today? We could catch up?"

After reading the messages I looked over at him still sleeping. I didn't want to jump to conclusions so I put his phone down and I was going to wait to see if he told me about whatever happened last night.

Once Maddie was done with her bottle. I burped her and took her back into the nursery to get her ready for the day. The girls and I planned to have brunch today and one of our favorite restaurants and they insisted on me bringing Maddie. Once I had finished her bath and dressed her in a cute Burberry dress with a matching bow and white shoes I laid her in her crib for a nap so I could get dressed.

When I walked into the bedroom Meech was walking out the bathroom. He looked at me and smiled a little.

"Good Mornin' Bae." He came over to me and pulled me into him.

"Morning Baby." I say and move out of his grasp and go intro he bathroom.

"What's wrong Ma?"

I was trying to wait for him to say something about the messages but it was bothering me too much.

"Who did you go see last night?" I questioned him and folded my arms.

"What you talkn' bout?"

"Meech don't play with me." I started to get frustrated because he was tryna play stupid knowing what I'm talking about.

"Aight Ma calm down." He came into the bathroom and pulled me into him. "Antwan wanted me to come out to a party last night to meet some of my old homeboys, and while we were there and old friend of mine wanted to see me too." He said.

"And this old friend is who?" I asked.

"Just a old friend from high school we technically grew up together. Nothing serious Ma."

"Mmhm." I looked at him and he pecked my lips a few times. "Alright get out. I have to get ready for brunch with my sister's."

"Damn so no breakfast for me?"

"It's cereal downstairs." I smiled then pushed him out the bathroom and closed the door.

This old friend situation still ain't sitting right in my spirit. I'm trying to push it to the back of mind because I know Meech wouldn't sneak around if we just had a baby and he's just not that type of guy. Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it.

...

Not me posting two chapters in one day 🫢