| 18 |

Meech

Meech

Doe and I made it to Detroit after we packed everything we needed. I got us an Airbnb until we found us a home. Once we got off the plane my sister was right there waiting for us. As soon as she saw me she ran over to me and hugged me.

"Meechie." She hugged me tight.

"Wassup Cammie." I hugged her back. She let me go and went and gave Dorinda a hug.

"You're even more finer in person. Meechie you better hope ion steal her from you." Cammie said and hugged Dorinda.

"Man chill out." I said.

Dorinda giggled. "Thank you Cammie." Cammie took Dorinda's bags and put them in the truck. I put my bags in the trunk and we got in the car.

"Momma told me to bring y'all over as soon as you got off the plane cause she's cooking."

"I've missed Momma's cooking." I said and licked my lips just thinking about it.

As we rode to my childhood home Cammie and I talked and caught up with each other, even her and Dorinda got to know each other even more.

We made it to my mom's home and I helped Dorinda out the car. We went inside and the smell of food hit my nose instantly. "Momma!"

"In the kitchen Meechie." I heard her say. Dorinda and I made our way to the kitchen. I felt like a little kid all over again seeing her in the kitchen with her apron and hair pulled up into a high bun and her glasses on.

I went over to her and hugged her. I left a kiss on her cheek. I looked at all the food she had cooked. She cooked enough for the whole neighborhood.

"Damn Momma-" I couldn't even finish my sentence, she popped me in my mouth.

"What I tell you about cussing around me?"

"Sorry Momma...But you cooked a whole lotta food. Who gone eat all this?"

"Well I was hoping Dorinda would invite her folks over so I could meet them plus I want her to also be comfortable." She said and looked over at Dorinda.

Dorinda smiled and left out the kitchen and got on her phone to call her sisters.

"Now help me set this table." My momma said.

After we set the table I went into the living room to check on Dorinda. She was looking at all the pictures my mother had of me and Cammie.

"Baby who's this with your mother?" She asked holding up a picture.

"That's my Pops

"That's my Pops."

"Awee they were so cute." Doe said as she looked at the photo.

"Yeah, My momma loved him to death." I said as I pulled her into me and kissed her neck causing her to giggle.

"Mmm I can't wait to get you to myself." I said into her neck. I kept kissing her neck as I began to feel up on her.

"And that's how she got pregnant in the first place." We heard my sister say. Dorinda quickly moved from my grasp.

"Don't you have a girl or some hoe you should be talking to?"

"The ladies I talk to are not hoes...well some of them aren't." Cammie laughed.

There were a couple of knocks at the door. I went and opened it and three women who had the same features of Dorinda stood in front of me.

"Um Baby I think your sister's are here?"

She made her way to me with a big smile on her face. "My sisters!" One by one they hugged Doe as they came in.

"Meech these are my sister's. You've met Karen already, but that's Jacky and that's Twinkie."

"He is good looking Dorinda." Twinkie spoke.

"Sweetheart you have any friends that look as good as you?" Jacky bluntly said.

"Jacky!" Dorinda said and I began to laugh at her.

"Oh great you all are here." My momma said as she came down the stairs.

"Momma these are Dorinda's sister's. Karen, Jacky, and Twinkie." They all greeted each other. As they talked there was another knock at the door. When I opened the door it was my homeboy Antwon.

"Damn Nigga I ain't think you was really gone be here." We dapped each other up. "Your momma said I could come eat with-" I saw his eyes shift behind me looking at the group of women that were talking.  "You should have told me all these fine ass women was gonna be here." He said to me and I laughed at him.

"You haven't changed a bit." I said to him.

"Everyone this is my homeboy Antwon. Ant this is my girl Dorinda and those are her sisters, Karen, Jacky, and Twinkie."

"Hello ladies, and Heyyy Ms.Rita." He said and winked at her. Any has always had this big crush on my mother. He usually is joking with her and winking at her just to mess with her.

"Everyone let's go eat. The food is getting cold." We all followed my mother to the dining room. We sat together and my mother said a prayer, then we all began to eat and talk.

After dinner Dorinda's sisters said their goodbyes and so did Antwon after he made his plate. Dorinda and I also said our goodbyes after we finished helping my mother clean up.

Once Cammie dropped us off we got settled and ready for bed.

We laid together until we fell asleep. I couldn't wait to spend this new life with Dorinda.

...
My face after this boring chapter 🥴...Sorry y'all 😭💔