| 15 |

Dorinda

Dorinda

"WHAT!?" I yelled.

"Yes, Mrs.Cole you are indeed pregnant." My doctor, Dr. Gomez said to me. "Congratulations." She smiled at me as she took her gloves off.

I came to the doctor because I haven't been feeling well the last couple of weeks. I've been nauseous, having headaches, my breast have been sore as well. Now hearing my doctor say this, it all makes sense now.

"But....but how? I thought-"

"This is isn't a uncommon thing for women to get pregnant with an IUD.  And after I just checked you out and seeing that your IUD is not where it's supposed to be meaning it has shifted and you didn't know, which can happen to some women. Also with you letting me know that you have had intercourse in the last couple of weeks and all the symptoms that you have been having. Tells me that you are indeed pregnant. I will take a blood test so we are certain but I am sure you are pregnant."

I just sat there in disbelief. Dr.Gomez put on a new pair of gloves as she grabbed a needle and a tube. She came over to me and stuck the needle into my vein and began to take my blood. "Do you want to keep it?"

"Huh?" I looked at her coming out of a daze I didn't know I was in.

"Do you plan to keep it? I'm only asking because if this comes back positive we will have to get that IUD out as soon as possible for the safety of the baby."

"Um can I get some time to think about it?"

"Definitely. You know you can just call me and we will get everything situated." She smiled at me and took the needle out of my arm. She grabbed a cotton ball and a bandaid and put it over where she took my blood.

"I will be right back. I'm gonna take this to the lab." I just nodded my head at her and she left out the room. I could feel the tears begin to fall down my face. So many things were going through my head. How was I supposed to tell him? What was I gonna do? Should I even tell him?

My phone began to ring and I took it out my pocket. It was Meech FaceTiming me so I grabbed a tissue and wiped my face the best I could before answering the phone.

When the phone connected I was met with his handsome face. It made me feel a little better seeing him. "Wassup Ma, where you at?"

"I'm at the doctors office."

"You okay? Did something happen?"

"Everything is alright, I'm okay." I lied. "I just came for my yearly check up."

"Alright Ma."