|27|

"Dorinda what is going on?" My oldest sister said to me as she rubbed my back.

"I have no clue. He's just been acting so weird these past couple of months. Since that girl left Nahla with us It's like he's been slowly slipping away and I don't know what to do anymore. I've prayed, I've tried talking to him, and I just get nothing. After a while I stopped trying because I didn't want to seem like I was too pushy but I was just concerned" I sniffled. "I'm taking care of the girls all on my own and that's hard enough for just me to do definitely with them being sick.

"Where is he at now D?" My youngest sister asked as she rubbed my back too.

"I don't know. He left a couple hours ago saying he had somewhere important to be and that was 5 hours ago."

"He's left you here with these sick babies for 5 hours!? He better hope I don't whoop his tale when he gets here." Jacky spat.

I just wanted my Meech back. This was not like him at all. I just wish he would tell me what was going on instead of acting like this.

I wiped my face as I started to think of what might be the problem but nothing was coming to my mind. We were doing fine a few months ago. I just don't understand what's changed.

As we all sat in the kitchen the sounds of the babies crying began to blare through the baby monitor. I started to get up but Karen stopped me.

"I got them D. You need a break." She spoke before making her way to their nursery.

Once Karen went upstairs the front door opened. "Demetrius?" I said in a raspy voice. After a couple minutes he walked into the kitchen where Jacky and I were.

"Where have you been?" I asked as I looked at him. His eyes were low and he just looked like he wasn't here, like he was out of it.

"Just hanging...with...my homies." He slowly said.

"Are you drunk?" Jacky questioned him. He didn't say anything and I got up and got closer to him. I sniffed him and he smelled just like alcohol and marijuana.

I looked at his face and He looked like he was a little spaced out.  As I began to examine him I looked at his neck. I grabbed his head and moved it to the side so I could get a good look at it.

"Who the fuck you been letting suck on your neck?!" I yelled at him. "Cause I know damn well I ain't do it."

"Nobody man." He dryly said tryna move from me.

"Demetrius don't fucking play with me!" I could feel my body begin to heat up and the tears threatening to fall. I closed my eyes trying to calm myself down knowing how bad my anger can get. There's no way this was happening to me again.

"Dorinda...don't fuckin start yo Damn!" He yelled back.

Meech has never raised his voice at me no matter how mad he was.

"Get out." I said calmly.

"What?"

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" I pushed him as I began to get angry.

"I ain't going nowhere!" He yelled back.

"What is all this hollering about?" Karen asked as she came downstairs.

"GET THE FUCK OUT NOW! The nerve of you to do this to me! After I been taking care of your sick kids day and night without any help from you! I can't believe you! After what I went through in my last marriage you have the fucking nerve" I yelled as I began to punch him in his chest as I began to feel myself getting angrier and angrier.

Jacky grabbed me and held me back. "Get your sorry ass out of this house NOW!" Jacky yelled at him and Meech just smacked his lip and left out like he didn't care.

I began to breakdown after Meech left out the house. Jacky had to hold me up so I wouldn't fall to the floor. I couldn't believe him. After what I went through in my last marriage he would do the same thing. I cried into Jacky as she held me trying to calm me down.

My body was tired and worn out from being up late with the girls and stressing trying to figure out what was wrong with Meech.

"We're gonna stay with you tonight D so we can help with the babies. Everything is going to be okay." Karen said as she came over to us. They both hugged me as I continued to cry. I couldn't believe him. What was happening to him for him to even let something like that happen. He couldn't have been in his right mind...right? He wouldn't just let that happen...right? This wasn't like him at all.

...

Yalllll Meech is sum else...

What do y'all think happened at that party for Meech to end up with Hickies on his neck?

Do y'all think he just let it happen or it's more to the story?

Do you think Dorinda overreacted? Should she have given him a chance to explain?

Will Dorinda forgive him?