Quarter Finals

Arthur POV:

The Round of 16 was rather underwhelming. I guess that was to be expected seeing the matchups. The really only interesting fight was between Elijah and Kai.

After the tournament was over for the day, Claire approached me and asked, "Umm, Arthur, could you train me in fire magic?"

I looked at her in shock as she explained herself, "You are the strongest fire mage I know and I have been stuck at a bottleneck with fire magic and swordsmanship, so could you train me?"

It seemed like she was somewhat embarrassed asking me, someone who's five years younger than her, for training. But even then, I could see the determination in her eyes that made me instinctively say, "Sure."

"Great! See you later, then!" Claire beamed with a bright smile before going away. 'How can she still smile like that after losing,' I thought with a slight sigh. However, I was looking forward to teaching her for some reason.

(A/N: So yeah, that's Arthur's uh... ship. Enjoy.)

Alistair POV:

It was nighttime and I was in the dorms with my roommate Feyfey. I have to be honest, while I didn't have the best first impressions of him in Elenoir, he truly in a nice guy. He treats me like a rival and works hard to achieve his dreams, not even being too disheartened about his loss against Lancelot.

"Feyfey, I am going out for a walk," I told him before exiting the room. 

"Ah, sure, but make sure you don't get caught!" he called out in concern. I hid a smile as I sneaked through the hallways, using my eyes to detect anybody near me to ensure I don't get caught.

I found myself outside and saw Tessia staring into the night sky with a lost look. I silently sat next to her, heat starting to rise up in my cheeks.

She turned towards me and asked in a flustered voice, "A-ah, what are you doing here Alistair? Shouldn't you be in d-dorms?"

"I could say the same thing about you, Tessia," I replied with a smirk.

Her ears slightly drooped down as she pouted. 'This is illegal,' I thought, 'It's illegal to be this cute.'

"A-anyway, c-congratulations in your victory, Alistair!" she said to me.

I gave her a sad look that caused her to question, "W-what?"

"It's been so long yet you won't even greet me with a hug," I replied while trying to hold back my smirk.

"H-huh? You want a hug?"

I nodded my head eagerly as she slowly closed the distance between us while trying to wrap her arms around me. Seeing how long it was taking I pulled her into a hug while she squealed. 

I breathed in her smell that remained the same throughout the years before saying, "I really missed you, Tess."

"M-me too, Alistair."

After we broke our hug, I took out the beast core I had with me in the spatial ring. I wanted to give the core to Arthur but he gave it to me instead and said, "You should be the one who gives it to Tess, not me."

'I thought he was dense but it looks like he is smart,' I thought before remembering what happened today, 'Nevermind he's still dense.'

She looked at the beast core in shock as I handed it to her and told her to sense it. Her eyes widened even more when she realised there was a beast will inside. She quickly handed me the beast core back.

"I can't have this Alistair! This gift is too precious!"

"Tess, I want to give you this S-class beast will as it will definitely help you grow stronger. Please don't refuse my gift."