Home

Arthur POV:

After we came out from the dungeon, the seven of us quickly found ourselves back at Xyrus Academy. Seems like the Paladins is not just a random group, but actually a very important position seeing how the guards acted respectful to us.

We all decided to go our separate ways as we needed to meet our families.

Gary said, "I'll take this tag with me and inform the Director about it." The adamantium tag clenched inside his fist was a painful reminder to all of us about the powerful enemies we'll have to face from the other continent.

Both Alistair and I were lost in our thoughts as we got into a carriage and made our way towards home.

When I reached Helstea Manor, I stopped in front of the giant double doors alongside Alistair. Somehow, I couldn't bring myself to knock on the doors to my own home.

'What would my family's expressions be? It seemed like every time I went out, all I did was worry them.'

Taking a seat on the top of the stairs, I just let out a sharp, bitter sigh. Alistair was simply gazing at the sky, and I copied him. I could see the faint colourations that supposedly signalled the coming of the festival. The sky turning blue, yellow, red and green indicated when the Aurora Constellate would begin. My eyes focused on a solitary cloud, slow-dancing above me without a care in the world. What an envious position to be in.

"Sons?"

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't even hear the door open behind me.

"Hi Dad, we're back." Al gave him a weak smile.

"Why didn't you two come in? We heard from the teleportation gatekeeper that you arrived at Xyrus." My father took a seat next to me when I didn't respond. "Your mother will be fine, Art, Al," he said warmly, gently patting our back with his hands.

"I worried you guys again, didn't I? It feels like that's all I'm really good for nowadays," I chortled, knots churning in my chest as I said this.

I turned my head to my father and saw him gazing up at the sky like I had been just moments ago.

"She really loves the Aurora Constellate. Your mother may not seem like it, but she's strong, Arthur, Alistair, even more so than me. If you think that all you've given us are worries, then you're wrong. All three of you have given your mother and I so much more than we could've hoped for."

"I know that you're not like the normal children your age. I don't know what sort of destiny you'll be caught up in, but I don't think it'll be anything you can't handle." The skin around his eyes wrinkled as he gave us a reassuring smile.

I stayed silent, unable to form the right words.

"What I don't want you to do is feel like you're being a burden on us. All of this guilt that you're feeling right now, the weight that you're probably feeling—I want you to come to us so that we can be there for you. I don't ever want you to feel like you can't come home, that you aren't welcome. As long as you have the use of your two legs, I expect you to come home whenever you can and let us love you. That is our right as your parents. Okay?" My father ran his fingers through his trim, auburn hair in a gesture that revealed how he wasn't used to saying things like this. And just like that, the weight I felt accumulating inside slowly dispersed.

"Got it, Dad." I managed a more sincere smile this time and he responded with his signature foolish grin.

"Come on, let's go home. Once inside, a more ferocious beast than anything you've ever faced awaits," my father whispered darkly before all three of us broke out into a fit of laughter.

Lancelot POV:

I was met with my mother and father's warm embrace as soon as they both saw me. "Oww, oww!" I groaned in pain and separated myself from the two of them.

My injuries I got from the sound hawk had not recovered completely. My father quickly called in a healer while mother cupped my face and our foreheads touched, "I-I'm so glad you came back!"

Tears continued to flow down her full cheeks as she struggled to compose herself.

"W-when the Professor came and t-told us you were missing, I thought the w-worst happened," she said while choking on her words a bit, "I-I know you are very strong, stronger t-than even your f-father. But then, w-why do you always get in such situations!? The assassination attempt by an S-class ice mage, and now being caught in an explosion! Why?"

'I can't bear it,' I thought, 'I can't bear looking at her like this.'

My heart was starting to crack looking at the pain my lovely mother was going through. Finally, father stepped in and tried to calm mother down, "Honey, let Lancelot heal first. We can hear his story later."

My mother slowly nodded her head as she wiped her tears away. I was then healed by an emitter. Almost immediately, I felt a soothing warmth covering every wound, even the ones I didn't know I had.

My entire body felt lighter but the exhaustion was still there. 'Guess healers aren't perfect,' I thought before sitting down next to my parents and beginning to explain to them about what happened.

Tessia POV:

My entire body was shaking as I went back to Elenoir. I needed to go back home, perhaps just for a few days, to let my mind calm down next to my family.

I saw Grandpa Virion, father and mother all waiting for me. My mother immediately launched herself towards me and hugged me while I broke down in her warm embrace.

My sorrow and tears continued to flow down as I was escorted back to the palace. 

After reaching there, the three of them asked me what happened. I left out no details, except for the private stories of Al and Art since that was a bit too personal.

My parents were completely shocked while Grandpa had a very worried look on his face. "Gary said he'll give the tag with Alea's name to Director Cynthia, so the rest of the Council will know by then."