Family

Alistair POV:

Arthur and I decided to go back home as we were about to depart on the field trip in Glory's class. 

Upon reaching the main gate to the academy, a familiar driver was waiting for us. "Good evening, Mr. Arthur and Mr. Alistair. I take it that you have prepared everything?" he said while taking off his hat and giving me a slight bow.

"Yeah. The meeting ran a little late so let's leave right away," Arthur responded. 

 We got into the carriage after our driver opened the door for us.

I dozed off during the ride back home so it felt like the familiar Helstea Mansion came into view a lot faster than I'd expected.

"We have arrived, Mr. Leywins. Have a great night." Opening the door, the polite driver tipped his hat once again as I stepped off the carriage.

Before even having the chance to knock, the giant front door swung open and an Ellie missile shot out at a speed that surprised us.

"BROTTTHERRRS! Welcome hommeeeee!" Ellie wrapped her arms around my waist as I mustered up the strength to keep the both of us from toppling down the stairs.

She then embraced Arthur, almost causing both of them to tumble down the stairs. 

"I was wondering what the noise was; you're back a little late, Sons!" Our father leaned against the front door and gave us a grin.

"The meeting ran a little late. It's been awhile, Dad." I gave my father a hug after Arthur as my sister followed behind me, still cuddling with my bond. 

"Ah! You're back, Art, Al. You must be so tired." My mother, who was upstairs, ran down and wrapped her arms around us.

"Hey, Mom. Yeah, I'm back." Arthur and I smiled, accepting the family love I cherished so much.

"Brothers, how long are you staying?" Ellie was practically hopping around Arthur and I as we all headed towards the living room.

"I'm leaving early tomorrow morning." Arthur let out a sigh.

"Wha~at? Why?" My sister's face visibly saddened, her shoulders slumping at his response.

"Yeah, why are you leaving so soon?" my father chimed in, taking a seat on the sofa.

"One of our classes has an excursion to the Beast Glades tomorrow for one night. We leave in the morning so I'll have to head out pretty early at dawn." I was already tired at the thought of waking up that early.

"The Beast Glades?!" Mother's face turned pale with concern. I wasn't surprised since we both had almost died the last time I was in the Beast Glades. Even father had a worried look on his face.

"Don't worry. We're only going to be on the outskirts and our professor will be with us at all times. Besides, we still have the ring." Arthur and I both pulled out the ring that the Helstea family had given us from my pocket. 

"But still... is it mandatory for you to go?" My mother furrowed her brows, the concern refusing to leave her face.

"We'll be fine. It's one of the lowest-ranked dungeons and we're not allowed to go below the third floor anyways." Arthur comforted our mother.

She still wasn't entirely happy with the whole situation but she just kept silent, giving me a hesitant nod. The five of us spent a few more hours just catching up while Sylvie fell asleep on Ellie's lap. Ellie was apparently doing well in her ladies' school while my father and mother both still looked very healthy and in love. It'd only been a few weeks since I'd last seen them so there weren't really any surprises. Upon my asking where the Helstea family was, Father said that Vincent and Tabitha were both out for a couple of days on a business trip to a different city.