Widow' Crypt IV

Rachel POV:

Do you want power?

A childish voice sounded inside my head. Without thinking, I took her offer instantly.

I felt a small girl smiling brightly on me.

It's been a long time since I had a human host, but it's good to meet you!

Power coursed through my veins and my mana power increased to a completely different level. Blue mana surrounded my body, cladding me in something similar to armour. 

My connection with water felt even... closer. I always had a very close connection with it, but this was different. I could almost feel the individual molecules of water touching my skin, sending energy throughout my body.

(A/N: I decided to use bold for when people talk telepathically from now on, makes things simpler.)

Hello! My name is Undine and I am the water spirit! I have chosen you as my host!

I turned towards her before rapidly blinking in shock. 'I got a spirit,' I thought, 'Same as Lancelot?'

I think we can introduce ourselves later since you are still in a fight. 

Her words woke me up from my stupor as I got ready to fight against the Ocean Maiden, the same beast who manhandled me just before.

Don't worry! You are using Spirit Dive right now, and this boosts your magic abilities to the next level. You can win this battle!

I nodded my head. Simply standing, or rather staying still in water, allowed me to feel the power I had gained from Undine.

Thank you! Let's beat up this beast and then talk!

I replied to Undine before focusing on the Ocean Maiden. She seemed to be in shock from when she saw my transformation but she quickly attacked me using water lances.

[Mana Zone]

I recreated my mana zone with Undine's help and this expanded far further than when I did it myself. Not only that, I was easily able to counter the Ocean Maiden's spell by simply tearing apart the water magic making the spell.

I let out a confident smirk before attacking her back.

Alistair POV:

The lightning strikes inched near me while I slowed down time and twisted my body just perfectly to dodge them. 

When I was satisfied with how I was going to dodge them, I also mixed in a little blue fire spell to attack the wyvern.

Of course, it did little to nothing as it simply dissipated after coming in contact with it's electrified scales.

The wyvern charged at me and I replied in kind by doing a vertical slash with my sword clad in blue fire and lightning. The beast's left wing almost send me flying due to how strong it was but I managed to cut into the scales a bit.

[Lightning Wyvern Breath]

It aggregation bits of lightning mana around it's mouth before shooting it off. Rather than shooting a straight beam like it did before, the lightning breath divided into various lightning tendrils that reduced my chance of dodging them.

Of course, that's only if I didn't have these eyes. I predicted the lightning strikes almost perfectly and dodged most of them. The others simply burned in front of my blue fire. 

'We are in a weird position,' I thought, 'He can't really hurt me, but I can't hurt him either.'

Suddenly, the wyvern screamed, "AHHHHH, I AM DONE WITH THIS GUY!"

An expression of shock appeared on my face as the wyvern looked at me, "All you do is dodge and dodge! Your attacks barely tickle me! You know what, fine, fine. I'll let you pass. Is that enough? Free me of this torment!"

The laughter of the woman I had heard before came out of nowhere, catching me off-guard. She then appeared out of thin air, with an unconscious Gary being carried by her right arm. 

"So you passed," she said as her hand neared me.

"Yeah I did but where are you tak-" I asked while stepping away to evade her left hand coming for my face. But suddenly, my consciousness slipped away and the world went dark.

??? POV:

I looked down at the young boy whose head was on my lap. My snow white hair fell onto his forehead as I pressed my right hand against it.

"What are you doing to him?" one of boys, the one with blue eyes, asked me warily.

"I told you, I am going to pass him my will," I replied with a smile.

"But don't beasts need to die to pass will?" The half-elf boy questioned, his face full of curiosity.

"I don't technically have a beast will. But I can pass my unique mana art directly to his core."

"So, will anyone of us also get a beast will?" The elf girl asked me.

"The other beasts cannot pass it without dying, so no. Also, only the black haired girl is eligible as the rest have beast wills or spirit contracts."

The half-elf boy once again asked me, "But I don't have either as well."

"You don't know?" I questioned in surprise. I was sure that he knew about his lineage.

Seeing his confused look on his face, I decided to lie to him, "Your mother passed something onto your mana core that prevents beast wills."

He was still confused but nodded his head.

Then, the other black haired back raised his hand and asked me, "So, what class beast are you? I mean, you are literally talking to us. In fact, the beasts we fought were also intelligent enough to talk to us."

"I am a mythical class beast, a forgotten class of the strongest and smartest beasts in the world. I gained true sentience after surpassing SS-class. As for the other beasts, they are only able to speak because I allowed them to. A mythical class beast can make eight beasts subservient to them and they gain intelligence and ability to communicate in return."

All of them had various expressions on their face, ranging from awe to bafflement, as they processed the information I gave them.

"I am done transferring my will to him," I announced, "All of you should get going now."

Gary woke up with a groan before finding himself in an awkward position with me. I simply grinned at him as he slowly got up, not even blushing and asked, "What did you do to me?"

Surprisingly, there was no hostility in his voice as if he knew I wasn't his enemy. 

"I passed on my ability to control my unique mana art of light," I replied before making a portal.

I took in everyone's surprised expressions before telling them, "All of you must go now, you have been here for days and your families must be getting worried."

I saw the brown haired boy's face turn pale while the rest nodded and got into the portal.

'I feel a bit bad for lying to them,' I thought, 'But they must find her body and learn about the other continent first.'

(A/N: I will be aiming for 1100 to 1200 words for all my weekday chapters from now on and aiming for 2000 words only for weekend chapters as I don't have enough time. It takes around 30 to write a short chapter like this and proofread it, while it takes an hour to write a 2500 word chapter, so I can't be doing that during all weekdays while balancing school work as well.)