[S2] Chapter 15 - Ready, Set, SURGE!

|Later that Day|

(Y/N) Pov.

"Y'know, this Sports Festival is going to be tough." I spoke up letting a green flame dance through my fingertips. "We have a lot of skilled students in our class, half of them I don't even know their quirks, and we don't even know about the other classes."

"That's true." Jiro agreed, subconsciously imitating the Steam/flameguy by twirling her earphone jacks. "Who knows what awaits us. U.A is sure to throw another challenge our way. We have to weeks to get ready."

"We have to make those count." I said with determination, we noticed Uraraka standing in front of the door.

"Why the heck are you guys here?" Uraraka questioned out loud, catching everyone's attention. I clenched my hand into a fist dissipating the little flame and looked at the door.

Something unusual happened, a crowd of students from multiple classes formed by class 1-A's door.

"Do you students have business with our class?" Iida questioned in his polite manner.

"Ughhh what now?" I say as I got up to check the commotion. "What in the fuck?" I looked at the number of students at the door surprised and irritated.

"Why are you blocking our doorway? I won't let you hold us hostage." Mineta voiced out his disapproval.

"Calm down, kid." I calmed him down to some degree, "They're just scouting the competition and you showing weakness are going to be their primary target at the festival."

"He's right jackass, all of you." Bakugo calmly walked towards the door. "We're the class that survived a real villain attack, they wanna see us with their own eyes." He stopped right in front of the students blocking the path.

"At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it, extras!" Bakugo barked.

"Heh, typical Bakugou." I shook my head in amusement.

"You can't walk around calling people extras just because you don't know who they are!" Iida voice out his approval.

"So this is class 1-A?" A random messy purple haired student in the middle of the crowd spoke up. He walked up to the door and right in front of Kacchan's face. "I heard you guys were impressive. But you just sound like an ass. Is everyone in the hero course delusional, or just you?"

"Meh... This brother for real?" I looked back at Midoriya. "He's literally provoking a Hornet's nest."

"How sad to come here and find a bunch of egomaniacs. I wanted to get into the hero course. But like many others here we're forced to take a different path. Such is life. I didn't cut the first time around, but I have another chance. If any of us do well in the festival the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. And they'll have to transfer out people to make room. Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are. But I'm here to let you know; if any of you don't bring your very best I'll steal the spot from right under you. Consider this a declaration of war." He finished making some of the class in 1-A tense.

"Who...?" I spoke up making the kid look at me.

"I said-" he continues.