Chapter 24 - (Y/N) (L/N): The Evolved

____________________________________________________________________

Todoroki was first to act, as he sent an ice attack, as always. (Y/N) dodged it by jumping over the ice, blasting his thrusters as he flew towards Todoroki, rapidly closing the distance and heating up the air.

"Alright! He's closing in!" Sero shouted in excitement.

"Well what do you expect? That's the strong point of (Y/N)'s quirk." Tokoyami remarked. "But he's unpredictable now, his fighting style is all over the place and also he can adapt his fighting style." He remembered the villain attack at USJ where they fought together briefly.

"(N/N) doesn't have the advantage in long distance, Todoroki can always block (Y/N)'s flames with his ice, even if it melts Todoroki could make more. He now relies on his monstrous strength." Zuzu commented.

____________________________________________________________________

Todoroki kept the pressure on his attack, (Y/N) either dodge or destroyed it with no problem. Finally, he was close enough to attack. He delivered a right hook. Todoroki was barely able to dodge it, the hook graze his cheek but the shockwave came from the hook pushed him back.

(Y/N) kept on with a barrage of punches, Todoroki dodged them by a hair.

Finally, Todoroki managed to grab (Y/N)'s arm and began freezing it.

"Those are good moves, but not good enough." He taunted (Y/N) as he froze his entire body in an instant in a thick layer of ice.

"You forgot you could do precision moves too." He continued but (Y/N) glared at him in response.

"What? Is it over?! Did the prince of Ice win?" Present Mic wondered.

"I was hoping you would do that." (Y/N) smirked, "I had a plan, a risky plan... But it worked!" Suddenly, the ice on his body melted rapidly.

"W-what?!" Todoroki was surprised to see that layer of ice melted so quickly but (Y/N) is glowing.

"Hahahaha! You fool!" He broke free from the ice in a fiery explosion, knocking Todoroki back and almost out of bounds.

"Whaaaaaat?!" The entire stadium was surprised.

"How did he do that? How did he manage to break that layer of ice? And why is he glowing?" Kaminari wondered.

"His flames..." Midoriya spoke up. The class paid attention to him. "(Y/N) is able to increase the temperature of his flames, both internally and externally. He melted the ice that way." He finished as (Y/N) stops glowing.

"In another turnabout of events, The Prince of Calamity is back in the fight!" Present Mic announced, as the crowd went wild.

"Alright, let's do this!" (Y/N) goes berserk now. At close quarters, there isn't much Todoroki can do besides dodge and try to make some distance. But (Y/N) uses his flames to melt the ice thrown at him and throw the ice at the direction of where Todoroki is backing up.

"You're very persistent, I'll give you that!" Todoroki recognized while dodging the ice being thrown at him the best he could while shooting ice back at (Y/N).

"Well I've got a lot of people believing in me right now and some of em betted on me." The Inferno Boy pressed the attack.

Todoroki raises ice spikes, (Y/N) has no choice but to dodge.

Todoroki continues with his ice attacks.

"Damn it.... He's a fucking coward. I won't be able to close in easily now. I have to think of something new... Heh, I know!"