[S2] Chapter 22 - U.A Sports Festival - Mid Fight Masses

____________________________________________________________________

Todoroki didn't waste anytime, he immediately fired an ice attack chasing Midoriya, who in turn stopped it using a flick of his finger, sending a powerful shockwave, breaking the ice and almost sending Todoroki out of bounds.

"Oh no! Crap! I'm missing it!" Kirishima returned, panicking as he doesn't want to miss this.

"Hey! Nice job making to the second round, Kirishima." Kaminari praised as the Red head sat down beside the Pikachu.

"Thanks, man. Looks like I'll take down Bakugo next." Kirishima grinned at the Pomeranian, who just glared at everyone.

"I'll kill you." Bakugo promised. Still focused on the fight.

"Heh, yeah, sure, in your dreams." Kirishima continued. "But seriously, it's crazy how you and Todoroki both have moves that blast the whole stadium. Must be pretty nice huh, (Y/N)?" He jabbed at (Y/N) who in return just looks at him confused.

"Hmmm? What do you mean?" (Y/N) asked confused. "I mean it must be nice to have a powerful move that can shake the whole stadium. But us heavy hitters must stick together right?" Kirishima explained, making (Y/N) chuckle.

"You don't have a powerful move right?" He asked the teen who's smile widened. "Right...?" He looks at the teen, scared.

"Also, you don't have to pause between attacks." Sero added, steering the conversation away from the fear of (Y/N)'s hidden move.

"It's not as easy as you think, morons. If you overuse your muscles, you risk tearing them apart. If you sprint too much you run out of breath. Quirks are physical abilities too. They can get worn out, you can't used them nonstop."

"Well Bakugo hear if he use his quirk nonstop, he'll get dehydrated or muscle cramps. Me on the other hand can overheat or just fully pass out from exhaustion. But you'll have to survive in the ring if you want to defeat us." (Y/N) explained as Bakugo nodded. Making the others sweatdropped as the explanation wasn't actually an explanation. More likely a threat to those who wish to fight them.

They focused on the fight again, Sero broke the silence.

"Makes sense when you put it that way. I wonder if that's how Midoriya thinks he's gonna beat Todoroki." Kirishima wondered, until (Y/N) spoke up.

"It's an endurance match." (Y/N) commented, as Midoriya continued to counter Todoroki's attacks sending shockwaves with his fingers, Todoroki used his ice to close in, Midoriya managed to dodge and counter with a attack stronger than the ones before, Todoroki's ice is the only thing preventing him from flying out of the ring.

Todoroki invested in close combat with his ice, to his surprise and stupidity, gave Midoriya the upper hand as he connected a 4 combo punches. He started with a jab, followed by a cross, a left hook, and then a punch to the gut.

"Oh yeah! A wombo combo! That's the kind of action I like to see!" Mic said excitedly as the crowd is getting hyped as well.

"Hey, he got a hit in!" Kirishima cheered, so did (Y/N). "He's getting covered in ice, maybe there's a drawback to his quirk after all."

"Wouldn't his fire negate this?" Kaminari added as (Y/N) sadly looks at the dual color haired boy.

"It should but he doesn't want to use it for some reason." (Y/N) suddenly looked thoughtful. "I know you're conflicted Todoroki but it's your body, your quirk, not his and never will be." He looked back at the fight.

"Izuku... I know what you're doing, I hope you succeed." (Y/N) thought as he sighed.

____________________________________________________________________