Ch. 33.5 - A Friendly Match

============

"E-everyone, I'm looking forward to hearing all your stories of how fun the camp was." Ashido barely spoke, sobbing.

"Maybe they'll end up letting you go! There might be a last minute twist or something." Midoriya tried to cheer her up.

"Considering how Mr. Aizawa is, I wouldn't be surprised... Although, don't count on that either." (Y/n) said as he played with his tendrils.

"By saying it out loud you're just jinxing them." Sero replied, dejected.

"They said whomever failed in the exams would have to skip training camp and live in summer school hell..." Kaminari sounds devastated. "We didn't pass the practical so we're all doomed! Don't you get it Midoriya?! Or did All Might knock all brains out of you?!" Kaminari pokes his eyes.

"Hey, hey! Ease up man, damn." (Y/n) tried to calm him down.

"Yeah. Besides. I'm not sure we'll all get to go either. Our team only passed thanks to Mineta." Sero points out to the grape boy. "I got knocked out, and since we don't know how their scoring system works, I might have flawed."

"At least bring us back camp souvenirs, Please!"

Suddenly, the classroom door opened. It was Mr. Aizawa.

"Once the bell rings you should be on your seats." They rapidly dash to their seats, while (Y/n) calmly walked to his. "Morning.... Unfortunately, there are a few of you who did not pass your final exams. So, when it comes to the training camp in the woods... Everyone is going!" Aizawa grinned creepily, which gained the same grin from (Y/n).

"It's a last minute twist!"

"We really get to go to camp?" Kaminari hardly believed.

"Yeah. The good news is that no one bombed the written exam. Five failed the practical badly, two teams, and of course Sero failed as well."

"I knew it." Sero facepalmed. "Mineta made it to the gate, but I didn't do nearly enough to pass."

"Allow me to explain..." Aizawa continued. "For the practical battles, teachers made sure to leave the students a way to win, otherwise you'll never would've stood a chance."

"I'm pretty sure the way I tricked Present Mic with a fake scenario wasn't the way, but hey! It works!"

"...We were interested in observing how each of you worked together in approaching our test at hand."

"But didn't you promise the teacehers wouldn't be holding back?" Ojiro wondered.

"That was just to get you all on edge. Besides, the training camp will focus on building your strengths. Those of you who failed need those lessons the most. We were never going to separate you. That was just a logical deception we used!" Aizawa grinned creepily again.

"He played us like a damn fiddle!"

"He tricked us all! I should've expected this!" Iida got up. "Mr. Aizawa! This is the second time you lied to us! Aren't you afraid we'll lose faith in you!?"

"Uh... A little blunt there, Iida."

"That's a good point. I'll consider it. But I wasn't lying about everything. Failure is Failure. We've prepared extra lessons to the five of you. Frankly they'll be far tougher from what you'd face in summer school."

= Timeskip for a few days ahead, brought to you by our sponsor, Halo Rea- =

*RIIING!!" The doorbell blared.

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!* The ring blared once again. (Y/n) woke up with the noise, he pushed himself of his bed and glared at nothing.

"OKAY!!! Now whoever keeps ringing that fucking doorbell, they better be mom or else they're going to get murked."