Chapter 23 - A Shocking Performance

____________________________________________________________________

"Iida!" (Y/N) ran up to his classmate who's still lodged in a wall, now awake. "You alright?" He asked as he pulled him out of it.

"Yes, yes I'm fine." Iida then mumbled something about his brother.

"Here, let me." (Y/N) said as he dusted Iida off and fixed him up.

"Appreciated." Iida replied as he just stood there dazed.

"Hey don't worry about it man, you did great!" (Y/N) said as he showed him, his bruised arm.

"You think so? Did I do that?" Iida replied as (Y/N) sweatdropped.

"Damn how hard did I slam him?" He thought to himself.

"Yeah! You hit like a tank! A couple more kicks from you and I would be out. That was a great match! Your brother would be proud!" He praised the teen who smiled at him.

"Thank you, (L/N). You did great as well." Iida praised as he shook hands with the teen.

"Oh, such chivalry!" Midnight approved.

"That was great! Let's give these two some love, everyone!" Present Mic announced, as the crowd clapped and cheered.

(Y/N) raised Iida's arm, but suddenly, he felt tired and hungry. He clutched his stomach, Iida noticed it.

"Something wrong?" Iida asked him, as he nodded.

"Yeah... I'm all out of fuel, again. I think a visit to a foodcart wouldn't be a bad idea." He licked his lips, as he walked back towards the food stands outside.

____________________________________________________________________

(Y/N) was walking back from the stands and passed by Recovery Girl's office, when he arrived, he saw Midoriya exiting her office covered in bandages. His surgery must be done.

"Hey, Future Hero! How've you been?" (Y/N) asked him, as he took a spoon full of Katsudon and ate it in front of Midoriya, just to tease him.

"Do you really have to do that in front of me?" He asked him, as he grin at the red-haired boy.

"Yep." He replied as he offered him a take out bowl of Katsudon.

"Hey let's sit down and relax for a moment, I mean you just got out of surgery." He told Midoriya as he sat down. Midoriya nodded as he opened the take out Katsudon, (Y/N) got him and began eating.

They talked while eating and relaxing.

____________________________________________________________________

"Huh? It's already happening? What did we miss?" (Y/N) asked, they find Iida on the way to the stands.

"Tokoyami advanced... Wait you're out already?" Iida asked Midoriya with a hint of worry.

"Yep. Recovery Girl said that I have to use my quirk in my arms less." Midoriya rubbed the back of his head, embarrassed.

Bakugou and Kirishima were fighting. The battle seemed to be in Kirishima's favor, until Bakugo used consecutive blasts, weakening Kirishima and taking the win.

"Sheesh! And just like that, off I go."

"Sure. Good Luck, (L/N)/(N/N)." The others wished him off.

The first match of the third round was delayed due to some small repairs on the arena.

(Y/N) went to his waiting room, absentmindedly sketching a certain dark purpled gal in his notebook while creating a plan in his mind. But the images of the scale of power icy-hot showed kept popping up. He already planned a lot. Suddenly the door slowly opened.

"H-hey..." A familiar voice spoke. It was Jiro.

"Oh? Hey, what's up?" He slowly closed the notebook he was sketching on and the sketch was almost finished.

"You looked lost and distraught earlier, so I thought to come here and cheer you up a bit." Jiro shyly said as she twiddled her ear jacks.

"Lost? Distraught? Me? Wha?" He tried to play it off but Jiro looked at him with a sly look.

"Heh, okay fine. I'm lost, how can I not be? I mean, Todoroki almost trumps me in almost any way possible. He has the perfect quirk! I'm just all flames, my strength... my lightning doesn't do anything to be honest. What am I gonna do against that?" He remembered the two times Todoroki froze half the stadium.

"You're accepting that you'll lose without even trying?" She sat down beside him. "You have to believe in yourself. So what he has a perfect quirk, remember Uraraka's fight and your saying to Midoriya? It's not about the quirk it's about you. You want to be a hero, don't you?"

"Why do you want to be a hero with that quirk?"

"You're better off becoming a villain."

"I believe you can overcome this! Give it your all!" She cheered with a cute smile and a thumbs up.

(Y/N) looked back at her, in that moment he felt his heart beats in a different rhythm, her smile, her attitude, to come out of her way to support him. He also felt something awoken inside him as he smiled back, this time confident with himself and ready to use plan X.

"I fight for those who cannot." He remembered his own words when he was young.

"Alright people! Let's get to the first match of the semi-finals."

"Oh? Time to go." (Y/N) got up from his seat.

"Thanks that really helped. I lost my way, and you guided me back. You saved me really." (Y/N) smiled, as he stretched.

"Now we're even, then." She smiled sweetly.

"Thanks... Jiro." He warmly smiled at her as he disappeared into the halls.

____________________________________________________________________

"A prince and prince show off! Both these students has shown some great skills! This will be a battle of the royals! A prince of Calamity from the hero course, (Y/N) (L/N)!"

[Meanwhile, In A Hospital Far, Far, Away.]

"Hey, (L/N). Isn't that your son?" A nurse questioned.

"Hm?" (M/N) turned her head to the TV. "(Y/N)?"

"He's in the semi-finals, against the son of the No. 2 Hero, no less. You must be proud!"

Ms. (L/N) giggled, remembering her son's first day of going to U.A and remembered his words. "I'll do my best!"

____________________________________________________________________

"... Versus! His classmate, the prince of ice and fire Shoto Todoroki!"

"Heh, this could end badly. It's now or never!" (Y/N) assumed his fighting stance, coated his arms in flames.

"Now.... BEGINNN!"