Chapter 38 - Death Itself

====

Bakugo Rescue Team starts to move, their covert mission is about to begin. Everyone is focused on their goal. except for one. Iida stopped the group before proceeding.

"Midoriya. I shouldn't have hit you back there. I'm sorry." Iida bowed, showing his regret of his actions. "Forgive me."

"Hey, it's fine! Don't need to apologize."

"I have some concerns, Iida. What exactly is your justification for changing your mind and joining us?" Yaoyorozu wondered.

"To be clear. I am coming because I don't condone your behavior. It's as simple as that. If there's even a hint that physical combat might break out, I'll make you retreat immediately." Iida explained. "So in other words... I'm your watchman!"

"Exactly what we needed." Todoroki added.

"The same goes for me. Rescuing Bakugo is a job for the pros. Objectively speaking, there's no need for any of us to go after him. However, I understand how each of you feels. So I'm compromising, don't forget that." Yaoyorozu declared.

"Right."

"Understood."

Kirishima and Todoroki agreed.

"Wait... We're going in quiet and stealthy deaky like?" (Y/n) wondered.

"Yes. Is there a problem?" Todoroki questioned.

"Aw, man. No, there isn't a problem. It might actually be better but... might be impossible, those villains don't play around." (Y/n) unconsciously rubbed his chest.

"We'll make it possible." (Y/n) noticed Momo stood back, trailing off for a second.

"Momo? You aight?"

"Hm? Ah, yes. I was just looking for the tracking device, that's all."

The group walked to a nearby train station to, guess what? Take the train to their objective. Yaoyorozu's tracking device pointed to somewhere in Kamino Ward. It would take about two hours to reach their destination, yikes.

"So uh. Did you tell the rest of the class about this? Do they know what we're doing tonight?" Midoriya questioned.

"Yes. And they tried their best to talk us out of this." Todoroki replied, followed by Kirishima.

"Yeah. Uraraka even ganged up on us and tried to changed our minds."

"Honestly. I think it would've been better if you guys didn't say anything at all." (Y/n) added.

"You think? Why?" Midoriya asked his brother.

(Y/n) lets out a smoking sigh. Looking out the window before answering.

"Say we get up getting in trouble? They might feel bad for not doing anything. Or worse, they might pay for something we did, since they knew and did not tell the teachers a thing."

" *Sigh*... Anyway..."

"Just to be sure. You know we're going against everyone's wishes and being completely selfish by doing this. We can call this off if we want to." Todoroki threw out the possibility.

"Does it look like I wanna turn back?" Kirishima replied. enthusiastically. Well, he would anyway to prove he is better than me. But he's our friend. No backing out now, we're in this together."

Todoroki turned to Midoriya. "What about you, Midoriya?"

"He's my friend too..." Midoriya takes a meaningful pause before replying. "I refuse to turn back."

"I see... Alright then. Let's do this."

About two hours later than the train arrived at the destination. Kamino Ward, a big town, business, economy, you get the picture.