Chapter 29 - Know Thy Place

____________________________________________________________________

"Why I scouted you guys?" Hawkes held one of his feathers. "Cuz we're birds of a feather... Well the two of us at least." He added as he glanced at (L/N).

"Was that meant to be funny?" Tokoyami wondered.

"I'm 20% serious. And half of me just wanted to chat with a kid from class 1-A. I didn't thought you two would accept my offer, surely at least one of you must have received better offers." Hawks said truthfully as the room was slowly heating up.

"So you're saying you called us here just to.... Talk?" (Y/N) practically snarled at the last part."Why didn't you say that in the first place? We're not trash collectors, we're heroes." (Y/N) finished as he slightly burnt Hawks table unconsciously.

Tokoyami looked surprised with his reactions. Deep down, he felt the same way.

"About what exactly did you call us here to talk about?" Tokoyami changed the subject.

"Those punks who attacked you at the USJ. The League of Villains, was it?" Hawks questioned, crossing his arms on his chest.

"That's it?"

"Don't get me wrong." Hawkes continued, "I saw potential in you two too. There you stood on the podium. Two sharp looking students. A fellow bird and a adapting flying type, who could probably keep up with me or maybe even surpass me." Hawkes says truthfully, (Y/N) calmed down and nods to Tokoyami.

The two of them explained the best of their abilities what happened at USJ. Hawkes had a few questions to his own. Even so, the two grow more and more frustrated. During the week, they tried to keep up with Hawkes but to no avail, (Y/N) always comes short day by day but after each day the gap is slowly getting smaller and smaller, but he felt that Hawkes wasn't even using his top speed.

The two did caught a trick or two by observing the pro hero in action. Then the last day of internship arrived. They were back at the mainland.

"That was a huge waste of time. A whole week and we learned almost nothing." Tokoyami was frustrated. "Thanks to you we got some idea on how the pro's operates."

"Yeah, I know how that feel. Hey, at least we got some experience? Come on, let's go grab a bite. My treat." (Y/N) says as he wrap himself around his cloak.

"(L/N)? Tokoyami?" A familiar voice called. The two turned around.

"Jiro?" Both were surprised. "What're you doing here?"

"I just go back from my internship." She explained, "You two look horrible, did something happenen?"

"Quite the opposite actually." Tokoyami explained.

"How'd your internship went?" (Y/N) asked.

"I got interned at Death Arm's agency. Mostly physical training. But I got to use my quirk a few times." Jiro explained excitedly.

"We were going to grab something to eat. Wanna join?" (Y/N) finishes up wrapping himself in his cloak.

"Sure! I know a great Cafe around here." Jiro says as she fixed her hair.

+++++++

"So what you're telling me is that your entire internship consisted in you two running after Hawks?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. Mostly is an understatement. It was just that, well except for (L/N) almost catching up to him just a bit." Tokoyami explained. She laughed at the two teens situation. 

"Sorry. I feel bad for you two." Jiro giggles.

"Yeah, you got that right. We have some more training to do, chasing him around gave me some ideas." (Y/N) says as he took a bite at his sandwich.