Ch. 33 - New Usurpers

======

Having passed the Practical Exam with flying colors, defeating one of the strongest teachers in U.A through bullshitting their way out and appealing to Present Mic's heroic side, Jiro and (L/n) now enjoy a well deserved recovery. Recovery Girl just finished healing Jiro, she was the most affected by Mic's quirk, (L/n) fully healed himself in just seconds while eating everything he could reach. They now wait at one of the medical rooms.

"Sheesh. That was intense." (Y/n) got up from the chair he was sitting, stretching. "I think I'll go watch the last matches, it'll be cool to watch someone else go against All Might." He smirked. "The two wouldn't last long if they want to fight him..." (Y/n) expression turned to a worried look.

"You care a lot about him, don't you?" Jiro questioned.

"Well, Yeah." He replied with conviction. "I'm only in this 'Hero Business' because of him after all. Ever since we were kids, when Bakugo and I awakened our quirks, Bakugo has been nothing but a jerk to him and I was outcast because of mine. I followed the hero path in hopes of becoming someone close to him he could look up to, someone like All Might. But now... It's all... Better? Complicated? Ahhhh... I'm overthinking this again." (Y/n) pondered for a second, remembering the Combat Training and the Sports Festival, a little amount of blood rolled down over his eye.

"Hmmm?? I swear I was fully healed... Oh I'm hungry again... that's why." (Y/n) mumbled out, as he stood up.

"I told you to let Recovery Girl make sure you're fully healed idiot." Jiro got up, she looked around the room for something to patch up the wound. "Sit down for a second."

"N-no, it's nothing, really. I can handle it. I didn't want the old lady to worry on something trivial, there's a lot of us an-"

"Don't try to play off as the tough guy, now sit down." She ordered.

"Alright, alright." He did as she told, sitting back on the chair.

"Hmmm..." Jiro walked up to him, checking the wound. "It's not so bad. Girl's still won't like you." She giggled.

"Ha ha. You're funny." (Y/n) chuckled before he went silent and thinking about something. "Jiro... Why do you want to be a hero?" That caught Jiro off guard as she was nervous about something.

"W-well... When I was little, my parents used to teach me how to play various musical instruments, and to sing."

"Oh, so they're like musicians?" (Y/n) mentally slapped himself. "That's awesome..."

"Do you play something, (L/n)?" Jiro asked the red-haired teen.

"It depends... You were saying?"

"Ah, yeah. So, initially I thought that they wanted me to become a musician like them, and I thought that I would throw everything they taught me in the trash if I became a hero. I found so cool to save people and all.." Her eyes gleamed as she explained. "... So I couldn't decide. Then I talked to my parents."

"What did they say?" (Y/n) asked as she sat down beside him.

"They said, 'Kyoka, you can do what you want'. That's when I decided to become a hero."

"Woah. Frankly, I feel kinda bad and embarrassed right now. My story is kind of dumb."

"Don't be. It isn't." She assured him, "You're great, (L/n). You might not notice it, but you inspire our class. Look how Midoriya talks about you, Bakugo begrudginly respected you. Not just the two of them, Tokoyami, Kirishima, Kaminari, Uraraka, even I. We all look up to you too."

"You think so?

"Uh hum. So let's become heroes..." She had her pinky out, and a sweet smile. "... Together." (Y/n) stared at her before he raised his own.