"Boobies, Robin!"

"And then there's Heidi tomorrow night but the problem with Heidi is that she's going outta state for college. So, it's like do I wanna start another relationship that has no point other than sex" Steve rambled off on another one of his morning love life monologues, all while Robin did her eyeliner in the passenger mirror, and I tried to finish my chemistry homework in the back seat.

"Robin are you listening?!?" he exclaimed annoyed.

I rolled my eyes and for the fiftieth time shoved her trumpet case out of my ribs.

"Yes, of course" she stuttered putting her eyeliner pencil in her make-up pouch.

"Fine, what did I Say?" he scoffed.

"Something about sex with Linda" she questioned rather than stated.

"Wrong! Heidi's going out of state for college. Steve doesn't want a relationship that has no other point than sex." I mumbled bubbling in biology answers on my scantron sheet.

"Yes, thank you Wren. I appreciate SOMEONE listening" he spoke snarky.

"Cut me some slack please. Your love life is one labyrinthine complexity. It's 7 in the morning, we have this stupid pep-rally, and I woke up looking like a corpse." Robin whined.

"Yeah, and I left my Walkman at home soooo" I said turning my focus back to my biology homework.

"Shut it, Wren." Steve scolded me. "You're worried about a pep-rally? Really? You expect me to believe that?" Steve spat sarcastically.

"Yeah so?" Robin mumbled dejectedly rummaging through her bag again.

'So? So, we both know what this is about. Okay? I'm not buying that bullshit. This is about Vickie" Steve grinned.

"Absolutely not." Robin said bluntly while rubbing lip balm on her lips.

I raised my gaze from my homework back up between the two of them.

"It is. You know what else?" Steve said grinning wider.

"I don't ca- "Robin started turning to face him.

"You gotta stop pretending to be someone else when you're around her. Okay? You just gotta be yourself' he said softly.

Wow Steve "The Hair" Harrington giving actual good advice. Hmm never thought the day would come.

"You're literally quoting me, to me. You realize that right?" Robin scoffed

I stand corrected, the day has yet to come. Nodding to myself I went back to my homework.

"Well maybe you need to listen to yourself. Ever think about that smarty pants? I listened. And look at me. Boom! Back in business" he exclaimed slapping the steering wheel proudly.

"Wait, what about the whole Heidi sit- "I started but he cut me off."

"Shut it Wren and finish your homework. And feet off the leather" he chastised slapping my feet from his center console.

"Shut it Wren" I mocked him silently going back to my homework.

"Welllll" Steve drawled out.

"Well, What? You ask out a girl, and she says no, big deal. Nothing happens." Robin explained.

"Except we have to hear him whine about the next day' I grumbled.

"Do you like walking to school? Because I can make that happen." Steve sassed looking at me through the rearview mirror.

I opened my mouth to reply but he was quick to interrupt.

"Homework. Now" he said sternly squinting at me.