"Take Your Power Back"

It was the night before Gramma Rose died. She had brushed my hair once I got out of the bath and braided it for me. She had given me three kisses one on each cheek ,and then one on my nose. She squeezed me tight and wished me the sweetest of dreams, then tucked me into bed, and turned out my light. That was the last time I ever felt loved and cared about. I didn't think I would ever feel that way again, and then along came Eddie.

Eddie accepted every part of me without even the slightest bit of hesitation. With each and every fucked-up situation I brought his way, his arms remained open, and his smile never wavered. He carefully picked up my broken bits and stored them on his shelf as if they were the greatest treasure he's ever found. Nothing bad could get to me when Eddie was around. If homes had names, mine would be called Eddie.

After our little love confessional, a newfound confidence had bloomed in me. The fear that came with Billy and Higgins threats to ruin me was gone. I didn't care what anyone else thought or said of me. Eddie Munson loves me and as long as I have him, nothing else mattered.

Eddie had dropped me off at my place Saturday night after Gareth called and asked about a Corroded Coffin hangout. He was just about to refuse, but as I was on the counter munching on the pizza bites Eddie fixed for us, I managed to snatch the phone away and told Gareth he would be there and hung up before Eddie could snatch the phone back to deny it.

"You have spent almost every waking minute with me since you asked me out. You need boy time mister." I chuckled cupping his face as he pouted.

"I need Fluffy Sheep time more." He grumbled pulling away from my hands and buried his head into my neck.

"Spring break is in two weeks, you can have all the Fluffy Sheep time your heart desires, but right now you're going to hang with the boys. Write some new songs, plan a new campaign, read nudey magazines, or whatever it is you do when with the boys."

"I don't look at nudey magazines. I'm a child of god." He exclaimed pulling away offended.

"Oh yeah? So, I'm guessing it's Wayne that hides his collection of heavy metal erotica magazines under your bed?" I mused as I munched on another pizza bite.

Pink bloomed over his cheeks and his mouth opened and closed like a fish as he tried to work up a response.

"Why were you looking under my bed!" he accused with a squinted gaze.

I shrugged.

"You left me alone to go shower, I got bored." I explained offering him half of my pizza bite.

He stepped forward and opened his mouth defeatedly. I popped the pizza bite into his mouth and he used it as his opportunity to suck my fingers.

"Yeah child of god my ass." I chuckled shaking my head.

"I like your ass." He said as chewed.

"As you should pretty boy."

I managed to get the pouty boy to go pack his bag and his van up for boys night while I cooked a small chicken pot pie for Wayne so he had dinner before work. Since I knew he went to sleep in his room later than usual, I also packed his lunch box for him with a few sandwiches and snacks.

Even though he was grumbling and pouting, I could tell he was a bit excited to go hang with his boys. And he deserved to be. Those boys were the only few who accepted him and let him be the person we all loved. As much as I wanted to hog the crazy metal head to myself, I knew I wasn't the only one who needed him.

After leaving a note for Wayne, and his dinner on the stove warmer, we left. He held my hand the entire drive to my house, occasionally lifting it to his lips gently kissing my knuckles.