Epilogue

Things get better.

That's what my time here in Hawkins has taught me.

I came to Hawkins with no family, and in my short time here I had built my own. One that never judged or held the past over my head. A family that only radiated love and understanding. From meeting Steve and Robin at family video, which led to meeting my munchkins at the arcade, who then led me to meet my Hellfire Boys and most importantly my Pretty boy. And my Pretty Boy then led me to Wayne, Marilynn and Paul. Each and every one taking root in my heart.

Time has passed, and a lot has changed during it. All for the better.

The most important being that Eddie and I finally graduated, along with Robin and the Corroded Coffin boys. Class of '86 Baby. The weeks leading of to exams were long and grueling. Eddie and I fought like no other. Between homework, studying, and our jobs, we were running on fumes. Studying was the hardest for Ed's. He was so ready to just throw in the towel and give up. Luckily, I managed to find a study technique that worked for him. Strip Pop Quiz. You can see where this went. But hey it worked.

I think it was during graduation I realized how great of a family I had built. With four tickets each, Ed and I combined them to incite. Wayne, Luce, Paul, Marilynn, Steve, Dustin, Mike, and Lucas. And since Billy was in our class Max was there too. She chose to sit with Steve and the munchkins. Our family all sat together. They took up one whole row.

Walking across the stage and looking out seeing them all cheer for me, solidified I had finally found home. Home was with them.

I was supposed to have gone back to my seat after receiving my diploma, but I had promised my Pretty Boy I'd be waiting for him at the other end. And I was.

Watching him prance across stage with his hands in the air and his fingers bent in the rocker sign, made tears come to my eyes. My pretty boy had done it. He was finally leaving this place. After receiving his diploma. He did in fact flip principal Higgins the bird before running off stage into my awaiting arms.

He lifted me in the air and hauled ass out of the auditorium. We didn't care to hear anymore speeches or throw our caps amongst the crowd. We spent enough time the Hell Hole that was Hawkins High.

Our family followed closely behind and that's when pictures were in order. Wayne was the first one to get to us. With a whack up Eddie's head, he pulled us into a bone crushing hug.

"You did it son. And you my girl, you did it." He cooed kissing my head.

"Not your girl." Eddie managed to choke out before squeezing onto his uncle.

While neither of them would admit to it, there were tears. Both wiping them away when Luce called for pictures. Dustin called dibs on being first. He had taken one with us both, but Eddie demanded one of just him and Dustin. But not before reaching into his van and pulled out a giftbag.

"Dude it's your grad night and you're giving me a gift?" Dustin chuckled confused.

"Open it." Eddie grinned.

Opening the bag Dustin lifted out a black trucker hat. On the front was the Hellfire logo, hand painted by Ed's himself.

Dustin looked up at him confused as he held the cap. And then Eddie bowed to him.

"Dungeon Master." He smirked as he glanced up.

"What? No way. Seriously?" Dustin asked as his eyes pricked with tears.

"As heart attack. I expect greatness from you Henderson." He grinned.

Dustin quickly flung his thinking cap from his head and place the hellfire one on, then tackle Eddie in a hug, which Luce quickly snapped a picture of.