thrown off guard

"Okay, just to get this straight, none of you have dates?" Alexa exclaims while we all nod. Who would any of us go with? Pierson won't talk to me at all and nobody else is in a relationship. Well, Dom and Sofie are talking but Sofie is a junior and is out of town so she won't be going. "You guys are crazy, just all of you dance with some person. It's senior year, let loose!" Alexa says, before looking at Ben and saying, "except for you." We all laugh before she looks at Dom and I, "Oh and Dom, Sofie wouldn't want that so no for you. And Brent, well, try to dance with Pierson." I start, "She has a boyfrien-" "Probably not after she slapped him!" she exclaims. Everyone nods and I roll my eyes, but in the corner of my eye, I can see Pierson and Blake walking down the hallway, his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

-
"Stop, I can't do this right now!" I laugh as Blake tells me about a football game he went to during the summer with some friends. "Well, Matt was like, 'Yo yo yo!' Like what? It was in the middle of the game too! Who does that?" He says while he laughs as well. "Wait, I was gonna ask you a thing about prom." He starts, "I have a suit and everything and it'll match any color of a dress you're gonna wear." Blake states. "That's great, guess you'll have to wait and see what I wear." I say. "You'll look beautiful no matter what you wear." he says and I smile, I guess that's sweet. "Hey, I'll see you around!" he tells me as he walks off to his class. Before I know it, Avery walks up to me, one of my best friends, "Hey Pierson, excited to go to prom with mr.hot stuff?" she asks with a laugh that we share. "Yeah, it'll be fun." I say which she nods. "If anything happens afterward, you need to let us know, I would love to know if my bestie made out with one of the hottest guys in our school." I laugh, "Yeah, I'll let you know."
   I can assure everyone Blake won't be making out with me. I honestly don't know if I would even let him kiss me. I mean, he seems like a good kisser but I don't know. I don't really have feelings for him. I'm trying to convince myself I'm over Brent still.
"Okay well see you later Pierson!" she calls as I bid her my goodbye. I walk to class and just think to myself, Tomorrow will be one hell of a night.

-
"Dude, stop!" Ben calls out as him and Jeremy laugh. It's currently lunch and everyone actually is not hating it. Maybe because Alina isn't here and is going to be in the library all lunch since she needs to help someone but it's nice anyways, despite the reasoning. I'm looking around taking in everyone and everything. Everyone is super excited for tomorrow night, prom. I look around and my eyes land on Pierson's table. I look at it and I'm watching. She's laughing and everything. She's still with her boyfriend apparently. He says something to which she looks at him and laughs. I see them staring at each other. And before I knew it, he was leaning in.