"i don't need a girlfriend"

Brent awoke to feeling something moving next to him. He looked next to him and sure enough, it was what he thought it was. His three-year-old daughter Betty squirming around, trying to fall back asleep. He whispered to her, his voice raspy, "What's up baby? When did you crawl in?" She looked up at him and her eyes started to water, "I..I had a bad dream." Her eyes start pouring out tears as she whimpers. He immediately wrapped his arms around her, "Hey, hey, it's okay baby, I got you, you're okay." Pierson started to toss and turn and woke up to seeing her husband holding onto their daughter and she smiled, "Daddy's got you Betty, you're okay princess." The little girl sniffles and nods, she's got her parents who love her to the moon and to saturn. And she loves them the same way.

The sweet moment was ruined by screaming and a sudden crash on the queen sized bed, "Good morning mommy and daddy! Oh, and Betsy!" A six-year-old James says. Betty giggles, "my name is Betty, James!" "Whatever you say bettseroo!" He says, he loves messing around with his sister." "So James, Arabella's mom texted me, asking if you want to hang out with Arabella today, what do you think?" James slightly blushes, "Yeah! That'll be so much fun!" Brent grins, "Looks like my son has a crush!" "What? No I don't!" James says. "I don't know bud, I saw that blush."

Pierson asks, "Do you want a wife James?" James shakes his head, "No." "How come?" "Cause I don't want to kiss her all the time." "You don't want kids?" "No!" "Why?" "Because I am a kid!" James giggles at that one as well as Betty who is currently in her father's lap while her brother is in their mother's.

"What about a girlfriend?" Brent asks. His son shakes his head, "No dad!" "Why?" "Because!" James sighs. "Because why?"

"I don't need a girlfriend."