e i g h t

His lips against mine was a moment that I'd never forget. A moment that had all of my worries and stress extinguished out of me like a popped balloon.

And it was not until his hands were placed on my shoulders and pushing me back gently that it started to blow up again.

His eyes even neglected to meet mine, and his tongue swiped out to lick his lips that now had a hint of my cherry lip gloss on them.

"Winifred," Luke said to me under his breath, his hands still on my shoulders.

He's never called me by my real name unless I was in some sort of trouble. Was I in trouble now?

I took a breath in after feeling like I've held it ever since my lips met Luke's, and oxygen filled my body that only longed for Luke's touch.

A touch that I only got to feel when he was pushing me away.

"I'm so sorry." He released his hands from my shoulders and ran one down his face.

"You have nothing to be sorry about-"

"You're my daughter, and that shouldn't have happened." He interrupted my words, causing me to hold my tongue afterward.

"You're not to tell anybody about what just happened Winnie, you hear me?" His voice changed from calm and steady to rushed and panicked, and when the thoughts rushed back to me I realized that I just kissed a man that's wife left him just a few days before.

And the worst part is, his wife is my mother.

"Luke, I-"

"Daddy!" He yelled before jumping off of the bed and to his feet, running a hand through his wild hair. "You call me Daddy, never Luke. Just because your mother cheated on me and left us doesn't mean I'm not still your father."

I listened to his words, and they sunk in. However I never fully thought of him as a father. Perhaps it was because I never knew my real father, so having one didn't fully matter to me.

But when Luke came along and took me into his arms and away from the disgusting man, I finally knew what having a father felt like. It was protection. It was the feeling of knowing that you had a man to look out for you no matter what.

Hot tears began to roll down my cheek, and I then understood my vulgar mistake.

"I'm sorry," my voice cracked on the last word, and Luke lifted his head to look at me with now softened eyes.

"Winnie," he started to say after a moment of silence.

It was a silence of my own tears, and a silence of Luke's own sorrows. A silence I'd rather live without.

"It's not that I don't want-" he stopped just as I met his eye contact, and I longed for him to continue. But instead, he simply shook his head.

"Never mind." He said with a look of embarrassment, as if he had a reason to be embarrassed instead of me. And obviously, I was the one to have that reason.

I kissed my step father for gods sake.

But each time I thought on it a little harder, I kept thinking of it as a good thing. A thing that would pleasure us both.

I've seen the way he looks at me when I pad across the living room in the early Saturday mornings.

His eyes would flicker from the television to my breasts that were practically spilling through my tank top, and then I would turn around to ask him how he slept like I always had just to see where his eye contact was.

His jeans would tighten, and I knew he wanted to unbutton them and stroke his long length to my body.

Hell, I would even agree to having him do it on my body.

"Just forget it ever happened, go to your room."

His fatherly words seeped back into him within minutes. But I wanted them gone and replaced with different words, words that had me on my back and his fingers inside of me.

"But," I protested, but he stopped me before I could finish by striding closer to me. I backed up as he stepped forward, and we continued this until my back was pressed against his wall.

He looked into my eyes and refused to blink all before sliding the pad of his thumb across my cheek, erasing my tears from existence.

"Go. To. Your. Room." He whispered each word in slow and steady whispers, and I enjoyed his warm breath fanning across my face while it lasted as he spoke.

He backed away afterward, and I slowly turned to walk out of his bedroom that I for some reason loved to be in.

He had the average parents bed. Soft and plush and it sunk in whenever you laid upon it. As a child I've always wanted to sleep in it, but was stuck with my usual twin size bed that wasn't the same.

It felt much different when you had a big bed to yourself or with one other individual. Like Luke, for example.

Sleeping with him was like a personal safe haven, for I knew I wasn't alone. And I knew I wouldn't be when I awoke either.

It was sort of a relief.

But now it was about five in the morning from when I woke up from my dream, and I was being sent back to my room by daddy.

Usually when daughters are having nightmares, they are invited to sleep in their parents bed. But me? I was sent out.

Typical.

"But I can't go back to sleep alone." I said with my back towards Luke. And even without seeing him I could hear his breathing. He was inching closer to me by the second.

"Then come back to sleep." I heard him whisper from behind me, and I turned to face him with my eyes now fully awake and aware at the man in front of me.

I listened harder to the sounds around me besides Luke's breaths, and noticed that the sound of pots and pans clunking together and the beeping of the oven from the kitchen was inexistent. Because my mother was now inexistent.

And I think that Luke began to realize it too, especially since his eyes were finally starting to look into mine as well as on my breasts that I wanted him to place his hands upon and squeeze.

But he didn't act upon his thoughts, for something in his mind kept telling him that it was bad. And maybe it was, but now that my mother was gone, the bad thoughts began to slowly but surely drown.

But his thoughts? The ones he was thinking of with his gaze focused on my chest, they were still being held back.

*

Afterward, I slept on Luke's bed with my hands on my stomach whilst staring at the spinning ceiling fan.

Luke did the same, except stared at me instead.

And after about ten minutes as I was drifting off into a deep slumber, I felt Luke's arms wrap around my body.

But that's what step fathers do.

Right?

____

(A/N)

One part of me wants to write intense hardcore smut (which I will in this story so lucky you) and another part of me wants to write cute love scenes like there is NO in between.

-Bailey xoxo