e p i l o g u e

Three years later

Kiersten

I sat alone on my wobbly kitchen table in my one bedroom apartment, the only sound being heard around me were police sirens and the cursing of rebellious young teens.

It wasn't exactly the safest part of town, but it was all I could afford after losing my job at the hospital for drug use.

I rolled my eyes as I saw a roach crawl across the table and next to my cereal bowl, I was used to the creatures, for they were all over the apartment.

It ignored me and crawled into my cereal bowl as if I wasn't even a person that was capable of killing it. It didn't care about me, nor did anybody else.

I was too hung over to care though, because just last night I was drinking my painful memories away with a few bottles of vodka. It worked well, but as I began to grow sober they creeped back into my mind like a horror film to a child.

I rubbed my bloodshot eyes before standing up, ignoring that the room was spinning.

I know the roach is staring at me, it probably is making fun of me, I thought.

That was most likely the vodka speaking in my mind, however as I neared my front door, things finally began to look more clear as the blood rushed to my head.

I twisted the door knob just then, and opened the door as the sunlight invaded my dark home, causing my eyes to squeeze shut and my hand to hover over my eyes.

The sun warmed my skin as I neared the apartments mailboxes, and I savored the feeling while I could, for winter was nearing.

I then shoved my mail key into the slot before opening it, grabbing about four envelopes that were mostly all bills that I most likely could not pay on time.

But there was something else, there was a card.

I yawned as I opened it curiously, and squinted my eyes at the cursive letters.

My chapped lips then fell open, and my hands grew shaky.

The picture showed Luke, my old Luke, hand and hand with an all too familiar face.

"No," I whispered under my breath, seeing that it was my own Winnie. My daughter.

The letters read:

We, Lucas Robert Hemmings and Winifred Hale, invite you to our wedding on the 25th of December.

*

That night, Kiersten Denise Hale overdosed on sleeping pills and passed away.

No one knew of her, so she was found a week later in her room.

Luke and Winnie get married happily, however they never find out of Kiersten's fate.

___

(A/N)

Guys, it looks like this is the end of this story, and I'm SO SO SO happy that so many of you enjoy it and find pleasure in reading it.

Coming from someone that always got maybe five or ten reads on my stories, I NEVER expected so many on this one. Thank you guys so much, and I will be writing another story on this account SOON but for now I'm gonna be concentrating more on The Boy in Black on my person acc CaptivatingWords .

I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Ps, if you got a hot step daddy, never lose hope ;)

Pss, I don't recommend that but YOU DO YOU.

-Bailey Xoxo