t h i r t y - t w o

Winnie

Silence filled the living room.

A deafening silence, a silence that had me physically shaking.

I saw Calum hitting Luke, making his nose bleed before my eyes. I didn't think, I didn't care too. For the only thing on my mind was Luke and how he was being hurt right in front of my eyes, it angered me to the point where I grabbed a glass vase and slammed it upon my best friends head.

I watched as the glass pieces shattered across the floor along with a Calum's broken glasses, and also as Calum fell to the floor beside my beloved Luke.

I knew not of how he was here, but I was beyond happy and grateful that he was.

I guessed that Calum was passed out or unconscious, but as blood poured past his lips and I began to cover my mouth with my hands in shock, I thought otherwise.

I watched as Luke watched Calum's face with wide eyes and a fast beating heart, he neglected to tear his eyes from the boy in front of him, and I understood why.

Calum's eyes were still open, but the color was darker than before, lifeless.

I fell to my knees, feeling my body loose all of its feeling and felt my heart best race in a panic.

"He's dead." I choked, my voice sounding so dried out and rough that it pained me to speak.

Luke's chest rose and fell, and finally, he blinked and turned his head away from Calum and stood to his knees along with me. 

"Winnie," he said with a soft, almost silent voice as I began breathing heavily. I knew this feeling, I thought as I felt my body shake.

"Winnie, you're having another panic attack." Luke held my face in his hands, looking straight into my tears eyes.

I used to have these often my junior year, and Luke would always do exactly what he was doing now to help me.

"Just look at me, like before just look at me." He led on, but I ignored him, for the sight of my dead best friend was in sight right behind him.

Luke looked back and stood up, pulling me with him into the kitchen.

My hands seemed to vibrate from shaking so much, and I wanted to scream until all of the panic was gone. Sweat beads formed on my forehead, and down my face after a few minutes.

"Look at me baby, I'm here, I'll take care of everything don't worry about anything." He said in quick words, and I began to slowly breath in and out like he was demonstrating for me.

"You're here." I replied, moving my shaky hands to his beard that I somehow loved. He forced a smile, and slowly moved forward to place a kiss on my lips. It took all of my panic away in one simply touch of his lips, and even without the memory of his piercing caressing my bottom lip, I loved it just as much.

It was like being away from home for days, for a year, and finally arriving again. It was coming home, Luke was home.

He saved me from Calum's, and the man from when I was younger's drunk mistake. They both tried to take advantage of me, and Luke was always there.

However they were different, for one ended up dead.

"You don't know how much I missed that." He said against my lips, and I felt his warm tears against my cheek as he began kissing me again.

But then the reminder of Calum's body in the other room tore us apart from each other, causing worry to fill my eyes once more as well as his.

My fingers ran against the warm skin of his neck, and I watched as his eyes closed at my contact.

It seemed like forever ago I was doing this, touching him and kissing his lips that I swore were as sweet as honeysuckle and flavored Chapstick like I used to remember it.

He gently grabbed my hand from his neck and lifted it to his lips to kiss, and right then I was burying my face in the crook of his neck, taking in the warmth as if it were a warm and welcoming pillow that I arrived too after a long day.

I pressed my hand against the back of his neck as I buried my face on his warm skin, wishing to stay at that place forever, or until all of our worries were erased.

A haunting feeling then crept into the room, and a chill ran up my spine at the sharp remembrance of Calum in the other room.

His dead body on the floor, his mouth dripping of fresh blood that wasn't ready to flee.

His eyes still open and life Inexistent inside of them, his eyes that mourned death.

Every memory as a child and every memory of his family were now ghosts in his brain that was now powerless of any memories or thoughts.

I did that, I killed his memories. I killed a human being, my friend.

I released my hold from Luke and lifted my head from his warm embrace to look into his eyes that seemed to hold a story. A story of sadness and despair, but a hint of love behind all of that. Like a rainbow after a storm, except the storm was not quite over yet.

We both walked slowly back to the living room after I had calmed down a bit more, however I wasn't anywhere near okay, but I had to handle my fear.

I watched Luke's face as Calum's body came into view, for I was too afraid to look at the person that just about ten minutes ago, breathed air and had a beating heart.

Luke swallowed a forming lump in his throat hard, his eyes slightly clenching as if it hurt.

He then walked to Calum slowly, stepping over the glass that sat in polls of blood before sitting on one knee in front of him.

"What do we do?" I asked in a shaky voice, afraid of the question just as much as the answer.

He sat silent, shaking his head.

"We don't tell anyone." He replied, placing a few fingers over his eyes, closing his eyelids over them that were now dead of life. Dead of existence.

____

(A/N)

LATE UPDATE DON'T MURDER ME IM SORRY.

(Updating The Boy In Black on my personal CaptivatingWords today or tomorrow as well)

Also posting my first Q&A on YouTube SOON.

Btw OFF SUBJECT I'm not really a fan of Justin bieber but... THOSE NUDES ARE A1

-Bailey xoxo