t w e n t y - f i v e

(A/N)

Hey it's B I know what you're
thinking- "STFU HOE IM TRYNA' READ." but this is very important information.

For those that don't remember, Calum is Winnie's BEST FRIEND. Not her brother, don't know when I mentioned a brother but people seemed to think that.. BUT ANYWAY continue with caution. Xoxo.

Chapter 25

I used to think I loved being alone.

While Luke and my mother were in the living room I was always in my room assuming that I was alone. But I wasn't.

The people I loved were near me, while now they were gone and far away from me and this household. So therefore, that was being alone. That was when the true loneliness I was feeling started to sink into my veins and corse through my body, making me ache.

I haven't seen my best friend Calum since my mother left. And with everything going on, calling him was the last thing on my mind even though it should have been the first.

After a good five minute hug that I dearly needed, I took him into the living room and tried my hardest to sit on the couch that Luke once kissed me on without shedding another tear.

I held it back, but I'm sure Calum could tell considering we knew each other for years now.

He only sighed and held my hand gently, tracing his thumb across my knuckles afterward whilst just looking at me. But it wasn't an awkward silence, it was somewhat comforting.

It was comforting to know I had someone in front of me and holding my hand, assuring me that I wasn't alone.

It was comforting to know I had someone in front of me that wasn't just my "imaginary Luke" that I made up just to attempt to feel better.

It was just a good thing added to a bad one, like icing to a burnt cake.

Of course, I was the burnt cake laying in the kitchen, giving me a constant reminder of Luke. But I neglected to throw it away.

And Calum was the icing, sweet and seemed to make everything better. But me, the burnt cake, stays burnt even with the icing.

Now if I'm even making any sense here, I'm simply saying that I'm making no god damn sense.

"You need sleep." Calum finally spoke after minutes of silence, and I rolled my tired eyes.

"Thanks a lot."

"No I mean- I'm just sure you haven't slept much is all." He said, and I knew he was right. But sleeping in this house without anybody in it, it's too many memories to sleep through.

"How much do you know? I'm sure word traveled around this stupid town fast huh?" I sniffed and dragged the heel of my hand across my cheek that was now wet from an unexpected tear.

"God I'm a damn water well." I tried to laugh but it came out sounded more like a sob.

"And that's okay." Calum squeezed my hand and attempted to smile at me. "But yes, word does travel. I just want you to know I'm here for you-"

"What do you know?" I interrupted, growing curious as to if he knew about Luke and I.

He inhaled a deep breath and looked to his lap before back up at me.

"Well if you didn't know you have neighbors from school and I guess they saw," he hesitated to collect his thoughts. "I guess they saw what happened, and they told basically the whole school about it. Yes I know about you and Luke, but all I know is you have feelings for him."