t w e n t y - t h r e e

Day two was when I started to dream more instead of seeing blank images as I slept. Blank images of myself sitting and staring at nothing, as I secretly wished I was staring at something.

I wanted something to stare at and admire, and I had that with Luke. But now all the blank spaces around me were starting to take over his place. And his face was started to become a blur.

Not a total blur, for its only been two days. But I feared the day that he was still locked up and I had to think hard to even remember his face and the way he used to smile at me and touch my face with his gentle fingertips.

Those were unforgettable things, but still I feared and dreaded the day that the once unforgettable days, would become forgettable.

I looked outside of my grandmothers car window at each fast passing tree that seemed to just fly by. I then watched the birds in the blue sky travel across a large building, and by that time I knew we had arrived.

My grandmother was dressed in long dress pants and a colored shirt with many necklaces hanging off of her neck. She also wore hoop earrings and her nails were long and red, she was the average "rich" grandma.

But she deserved every penny she earned, because unlike my mother, she is a good hearted person in everyone's eyes.

"I'm dreading this as much as you are, honey." She said whilst putting her vehicle in park.

"I'm not dreading." I hesitated to inhale a deep breath. "I'm just nervous."

My grandma nodded and took a deep breath as well.

"Just answer the mans questions honestly Winifred, remember a lie is a sin." She patted my leg and stepped out of her car. But I sat for a moment. I held back my tears that were threatening to fall at any moment, and finally stepped out as well before making my way towards the large and dark building surrounded by silver gates.

The inside was loud.

The sound of metal clanking together was heard from every angle imaginable, and two police officers stood guard by a metal detector.

Finally, after we both went through it, we made way behind an officer, following him deeper into what seemed like hell it self.

The aroma of burnt food took over my senses, and I held my tongue to attempt at holding myself back from gagging and puking all over the tiled floor.

"Hemmings." The officer mumbled to a lady officer. I then watched her nod and turn around, and I assumed she was going to get him.

Then I saw what I feared the most, the damn glass windows and the phones connected to them.

A shiver raked up my spine as I heard footsteps, and before I could think I looked at the officer.

"Can I talk to him?" I asked, not knowing how shaky my voice really was.

The policeman's eyes lowered down to me, and he then asked why.

I assumed he thought that Luke had really "raped" me and he wondered why I wanted to see someone that did that to me.

God, if only he knew the truth.

"He didn't do anything bad to me. I hope you know that. And I hope you know you have an innocent, caring man in there." I choked, finally letting my tears free.

The officer looked at me sternly. "Follow me, we want to ask you some questions." He said and I turned into the direction of the dark hallway, seeing the Luke was still not present.