t h i r t y

Luke

My first thought was freedom, and my second was money. I had absolutely no way to get to Winnie's grandmothers, and I couldn't call her, because God knows she hates the living hell out of me by now.

I had money in my wallet when the police took it away, and when they gave it back it was all still there to my surprise. I had enough for one taxi, only one. But I had more at the house, my house, our house.

The cool wind blew around me, causing my hair to become a mess and my eyes to squint. I loved the feeling though, it was a large comparison to the cold metal beds and either too hot or too cold temperatures that switched off and on, depending on how generous the owner was feeling. Which was not often.

I looked at my phone that was charging from a concrete wall beside a Texaco gas station, and grabbed it as soon as it was now half way charged. They gave that back as well, thankfully.

Then, even though I knew good and well it was a bad idea, I took a charger from a dollar store down the road by shoving it in my coat pocket. I needed it, and refused to purchase anything else but the taxi ride, the taxi ride in which I decided to call and ask to take me to our home.

And after grabbing some extra cash for gas, I would head to Winnie's grandmothers to pick her up.

Excitement and nerves filled me like a wildfire within myself, and after I called the taxi and waited about ten minutes, I was on my way to the house that I was forced to leave a year ago.

___

Winnie

It is a Friday, so no online classes for today thankfully.

I planned on keeping my MacBook laptop that Luke got me closed for the day to relax and maybe watch some movies with Calum.

We planned on doing that earlier this week but the damn classes had me swamped.

Even when he would run his fingertips along my thighs as I typed, trying to tease me, I just smiled and waved him off. While if Luke had done it, I probably would have pounced on him right then and there.

I shook the thought out of my head, mentally scolding myself for thinking of him again. However today all I've done was think of him for some off reason.

I looked up from my pillow just then as a few knocks were heard from my door, and I sighed, forgetting about my nap that I was about to take just to dream of Luke's embrace.

I then flipped my thick covers off of my body, feeling the cold air attacking my skin that was just warmed before walking out of my door and down the hall, and finally to my front door before looking through the "peep hole". That's what I called it, at least.

I saw Calum, and smiled before opening the door.

His eyes were glossy as he looked at me, and right afterwards he pulled me into his arms and kissed my lips as if he were awaiting them and craving them.

I rested my hand on his chest, pushing him away lightly, not likeing the way they tasted.

"You okay?" He asks, and I nod right away, even though I was not.

Thoughts of Luke crying or mourning in a jail cell filled my head again, thoughts that I've held back for so long were flooding back, and at the worst possible time.

"I'm fine, just kind of tired today." I lied, grabbing his hand and pulling him inside of the house.

"Oh," he said, but ignored my sad features that he used to notice and started to lift at the bottom of my shirt playfully.