Chapter 21

Harry’s POV

I woke up the next morning feeling on top of the world. I had the girl of my dreams asleep in my arms and I couldn’t ask for anything better to wake up to in the morning. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her, the peaceful look on her face made me feel better.

The past few days, I’ve noticed that Isla isn’t her usual bubbly self. I would see her staring off into space with a blank expression. It worried me because I didn’t know what was going through her head.

I kind of had a feeling that it was Niall.

The day after they spent a day together, she’s seemed off. Whenever someone would bring up Niall, she would look away and stare at the ground with a sad expression. 

I’ve noticed that Niall has been acting differently, too. He wouldn’t hang out with us as much as before and he’d always be making up excuses about not being able to hang out. After a while, Isla had begun to not talk or mention anything about Niall. I guess it just made her upset because she felt like Niall was avoiding her.

I know that something happened that night but I wanted her to come to me to talk about it. I didn’t want to seem nosey. 

I could definitely talk to Niall about it but he’s been avoiding me. I should talk to him soon since we only have a week before we’re able to tell Isla about everything. I’ve been dreading for that day to come because these last three weeks have been amazing. I didn’t want to lose her again. I don’t know how I can handle it the second time around. 

I love her more now that I ever have and nothing was gonna stop me from having her.

I know that I broke my promise with Niall but I couldn’t take it. I needed her and she needed me. 

We need each other.

I know how selfish I’m being right now but love makes you do crazy things.

And making love to Isla last night was wonderful, amazing, perfect. But I didn’t know whether, once we tell Isla the truth, she’d still feel the same way. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

And I have one more week with Isla. I’m going to make sure that this last week will be the most perfect week that we have together. Once again, I realize that I lied to Niall. I said that I wouldn’t use these four short weeks to make Isla fall in love with me again hoping that she’d still want to be with me after we tell her the truth. But I couldn’t seem to do that. I need her in my life. I’m happier with her. 

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt Isla stir in my arms. I looked down at her as she was waking up. She slowly opened her eyes and we just looked at each other with smiles on our faces.

“Good morning, beautiful,” I said. 

“Morning, handsome.” She snuggled deeper into my arms and held me tighter. 

“What are your plans for today?” she asked me.

“Well, we are going to have a little get together. Just us and the rest of the guys and their girlfriends and some other close friends. It’s been a while since we’ve all been together so I thought that I’d have them over to hang out.” 

“Ooh, that sounds like fun,” she said, “I’ve been dying stuck here all day every day. It’ll be nice to see everyone.”

“Yeah, I know. I don’t know how you do it. I don’t think I would’ve survived.”

She laughed. “Well, as long as I have you here with me, I’ll be fine."

“Anyways, I’ll make us some breakfast while you freshen up.” I kissed the top of her head and got up.