Chapter 48

Isla’s POV

“So you finally made a decision?”

“I did,” I answered El and I couldn’t help the huge smile that appeared on my face.

Me and El were just chilling in her patio in the backyard, Louis had left for the studio this morning alon. It was now 2 in the afternoon and they were supposed to be done at 4 but then they have a meeting with management afterwards for a couple of hours. After work they would all come over. 

“How did Harry take it?” 

My smile faded as I remembered last night, or technically early this morning, when I told Harry that we couldn’t be together. My heart still hurt remembering Harry’s face, he looked so broken. But I know that Harry will be happy again, he’ll find a girl that will give him the same amount of love that he gives. Even though I was the one that broke his heart, I will do anything I can to help him fix it. 

“Not too well but better than I thought he would. I thought that he would get upset or angry with me or tell me never to speak to him again but he didn’t. He understood how I felt. I just hope that he will find the right girl soon, he deserves it. I’ve hurt him so much, I hate seeing him like that. But he knows how much I love Niall and he only wants me to be happy and he said that he knows that Niall will do that for me. I know that me and Harry will be okay. I still need him in my life. He makes me happy as well. I don’t know what I’d do if he wasn’t in my life anymore.”

Silence fell between us.

“That’s great. And you’re right, Harry does deserve to be happy again and he will. But don’t beat yourself up too much about it. You said that he understands so you have nothing to worry about.” 

I gave her a strained smile but I could still feel the pain in my heart.

“So, when are you gonna tell Niall?”

My smile grew sincere at the thought of Niall. 

“Tonight. When they come over.” 

“Ooh, can’t wait. Even though you two were so annoying together, I miss you guys as a couple.”

I playfully swatted her arm. “Hey, that’s mean.”

She started laughing. “It’s true, everyone thought so. When you guys were just friends, you were so crazy but when you got together, it was a whole new level of crazy. You guys would do the most random things ever, you would pull pranks on us. I still have to get you back for that, by the way.” She paused as she gave me a sly smirk but it then changed into a sweet smile. “But you guys were too adorable together. I would get jealous sometimes actually. Even though you guys were silly sometimes, most of the time you guys would show each other so much love, it stunned me sometimes to watch it in front of my eyes. If me and Louis had at least half of the love that you guys have for each other, I’d be the happiest girl in the world. Even though it hurts me to see Harry hurt again, I think that you made the right choice. I was silently hoping that you would choose Niall. I have nothing against Harry but nothing can beat yours and Niall’s love for each other. I’m happy for you Isla, I really am.” 

My heart grew at her words.

“That was so sweet, El. And I really think I did make the right choice.” I paused, my mind wandering to thoughts of Niall causing my heart to flutter. “He makes me happy, El. And I think it’s what I need the most right now especially after everything that’s happened in the past few months. Niall can brighten my day just by looking at him, I love that about him.” 

“You do deserve to be happy, more than anyone else in the world. And Niall will do that for you.” She paused and gave me a small smile. “And ice cream.”