Chapter 12

Harry’s POV

“That was one of the best nights of my life,” I said, still holding onto Isla’s hand. It really was. I haven’t forgotten that day; it’s been forever in my memory, remembering every second of it. And I will never forget it. 

I had been by her bedside for about an hour when I heard a knock on the door. I turned my head around and saw Liam, Zayn, Lou, El, Perrie and Danielle through the window. I gestured for them to come in. Liam opened the door and they entered the room. 

“Hey, Haz, how are you?” Liam asked me. He walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

“I’m alright,” I said. But I really wasn’t. Liam nodded and looked at me with an expression that showed me he understood what I meant. 

“How long have you been here, mate?” Zayn asked me, sitting down on the couch, Perrie sitting beside him.

“For about an hour,” I replied, “I couldn’t sleep so I decided to come here.” 

“Where’s Niall?” Lou asked, looking around and outside the window.

“He went home to take a shower and eat, he was here all night,” I said.

“I’m here now.”

We all turned our heads towards the door and saw Niall leaning against the doorframe. Everyone moved away so that Niall had a good view of Isla.

I saw his eyes look at me for a second and then down at my hand, which was still attached to Isla’s. I quickly pulled away and stood up. He looked up at me again with an expressionless face but you could see that he was tired.

“Thank you,” he said, “for staying with her.”

I was shocked at what he said that I didn’t know what to say.

“I wouldn’t have wanted her to wake up with no one here,” he said and he gave me a small smile but it quickly faded.

I cleared my throat and nodded, “no worries.”

Then an awkward silence fell between all of us but we were saved when a nurse came in.

“Sorry guys, but only 2 visitors at a time,” she said, “actually all of you need to leave the room. The doctor will be in shortly and we are going to try and pull her out of the coma.”

“Really?” El asked, anxiously, “will it work?”

“It depends, it might, it might not, it’s different for everyone but we are going to try as hard as we can,” the nurse said reassuringly, “but if you all could kindly wait outside, the doctor will be here soon. We will let you know right away if anything happens.” She smiled at all of us and gestured at the doorway.

Every one started exiting through the door but I quickly faced Isla and put my hand on top of hers for a second and looked at her face, “please wake up, Isla.” With that, I let go of her hand and headed for the door.

Niall walked up to Isla and gave her a small kiss on her forehead and whispered something to her that I couldn’t hear. I exited the room and sat down on the chair beside Lou and he put his arm around my shoulder. 

Niall walked out of the room just when the doctor showed up and went inside. Another nurse went in and closed the door behind her. Then we saw the blinds close, blocking our view of the inside of the room.

Now we wait.

Niall stood in front of the door, occasionally pacing back and forth. Every one else was sitting down, patiently waiting for the doctor to come out, hopefully with good news.