Chapter 36

Isla’s POV

I woke up, my muscles aching. I stretched a little bit before I opened my eyes and set my sight on an unfamiliar room.

I started to panic but then I saw the sleeping bodies of Sophie and Trine on opposite sides of me on the bed.

How did I get here? What happened last night?

I looked at my clothes and realized that I didn’t change from the party last night. 

The party.

Louis. 

Liam.

Zayn. 

Harry. 

Niall. 

James…

The events of last night flashed through my mind and I had to close my eyes and take deep breaths in order to prevent a panic attack. 

After a few seconds, I opened my eyes and looked at Sophie and Trine in turn, making sure they were still sleeping before I carefully slid down the bed and getting off.

I stood up and looked around the room and felt a rush of relief as I saw my bag near the corner. I walked to it and opened it up. I was glad that I brought an extra pair of clothes to change with. I grabbed them along with my toothbrush and headed for the door. 

I immediately froze with my hand on the doorknob. Were the boys still here?

I placed my ear on the door and listened for any sounds.

None.

I quietly opened the door, looking behind me as I did so to see if I woke up either of the girls. Once I was safe, I walked through and quietly closed the door behind me. I looked up and down the hall and went to look for the bathroom. I approached a door that was wide open and looked inside. I slightly jumped as I realized it was a bedroom and saw that there were two people sleeping on the bed. I slowly crept up to the bed and realized that it was Louis and Zayn. They also hadn’t changed and it looked like they just crashed on the bed. I smiled lightly at the two boys before I turned around to continue looking for the bathroom.

I opened the door across from the room where Louis and Zayn were and breathed in a sigh of relief as I finally found the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and put my things on the side of the sink. I changed first, putting on dark blue, skinny jeans and a white, tank top. I completed the outfit with a plaid shirt that I left unbuttoned. I tied my hair up in a messy bun and turned on the sink to wash the makeup off from last night. Not bothering to put on makeup again, I proceeded to brush my teeth.

Once I finished, I stepped back and looked at myself in the mirror. Everything seemed normal except my face. There were dark circles under my eyes; my face paler than usual. But the thing that I was most shocked to see was the sadness in my eyes. It didn’t hold the brightness that it used to have; it was just blank now. I looked away, unable to handle looking at myself anymore. 

So I folded my dress and grabbed my brush and headed back to the room where I slept. I put my things away and then looked around the room. I could stay here and wait for someone to wake up but I didn’t know how long until one of the girls did. 

With a deep breath, I headed out the door and walked down the stairs. I looked around the entire first floor and froze as I saw two more sleeping bodies asleep, one on each couch in the living room. 

I slowly walked up to the closest one and saw Harry sleeping peacefully on the couch. I observed his face, taking in every inch of it. I seemed to have forgotten small things about his face. Like his long, full eyelashes that were resting against his cheeks or the light freckles on his nose.