Chapter 49

Niall’s POV

As soon as I slammed the door, I could hear Isla’s sobs coming from outside. Of course it hurt me to see her cry but what she did to me hurt me even more.

I ran my hands through my hair while I paced around the room trying to calm myself down. I tried clearing my head of the image of Isla’s face after I said those last hurtful words to her. I never wanted to be the cause of her pain. 

Of course I didn’t mean it. I don’t know what made me say those words but I just wanted her to feel the same amount of pain I was feeling. It was like some monster had taken over me and said those words.

Immediately, I felt the guilt building up inside of me. I didn’t want her to think that I ever regret falling for her. Falling for her brought me some of the happiest moments of my life. And now I had to ruin it by telling her those lies.

Honestly, everything I said to her was a lie.

I would always be there for her no matter what. I will always be there for her to pick her up off of the ground. I will always love her.

I’m an idiot. 

I should have let her explain. The last time I didn’t hear her out, it led to disaster. I should’ve learned from my mistakes and listened to her side of the story. 

I am a huge idiot.

I groaned in frustration and as I rushed over to the front door and opened it. I looked towards my driveway, hoping to see her car there but she was gone.

She probably went back to Lou and El’s place.

It had started to pour outside so I quickly grabbed my keys and ran to the car. I drove as fast as I could, even driving past stop signs without stopping. I had to tell her that everything that came out of my stupid mouth was a lie. 

I got there and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw Isla’s car in the driveway. I quickly parked the car and got out and ran to the front door. 

I didn’t even bother knocking as I opened the door and set my eyes on everyone in the living room. Everyone was there except Isla.

Everyone was looking at me, taking in my appearance, I was now drenched from the rain.

“Niall, what are you doing here?” Harry asked, slowly getting up.

“Where’s Isla?” I asked, ignoring his question. 

“I thought she was with you,” he replied, I could see worry growing in his eyes.

“She was but…we were talking and I said some horrible things to her and…I told her to leave. Her car’s in the driveway. She’s here, right?” I looked around the house but saw her nowhere in sight. 

Fear was now evident in Harry’s features as he looked at me and then the others. 

“Niall. Isla’s not here. She hasn’t come back since Harry dropped her off at your place,” El spoke. All of them were growing worried now. 

I started to panic now.

“You drove her? I…I thought she drove to my place.” 

Harry shook his head. “I drove her. I didn’t want her driving in the state she was in when I told her what happened.”

My head was swimming with a millions thoughts now.

I shook my head. “So…so I told her to leave without a car…in the rain?” I paused, horrible scenarios flashing through my mind. “Why didn’t she call you to pick her up?”, I asked, my voice starting to sound distraught. I turned towards Harry again.