Chapter 44

Isla’s POV

“We’re here,” Niall said as he parked the car beside Louis’ car.

I got out of the car and went to meet up with El and Dani. Harry arrived right after and he got out of the car along with Zayn and Perrie. Perrie joined me and the other girls as the boys got together and started heading towards the building. 

Harry still hadn’t talked to me or even looked at me as he walked beside Zayn. Once we got inside, we went up to the counter to pay and get our bowling shoes. Since there were a lot of us, we had to split up into two lanes. Me, Niall, Harry, Louis and El against Liam, Zayn, Dani and Perrie. 

“Winning team gets to dare the other team to do anything!” Louis said with a grin.

“Ugh, not another dare,” Zayn whined.

They all laughed but I just sat there confused.

“What do you mean ‘not another dare’?” I asked.

They looked at me confusedly before realization dawned on their faces.

“Oh,” Niall said, looking at me nervously. “About a month before the accident, we had a chicken competition and the winning couple got to dare everyone to do anything.”

“Couple?” I asked.

Niall’s face instantly reddened as he looked down. “Um, yeah, you and me were together,” he mumbled.

“Oh,” was all I said. His face was still red and I quickly thought of something to make this less uncomfortable. “Who won?” I asked.

He shot his head up and looked towards me and I gave him a smile. A smile instantly grew on his face.

“Well, us, of course,” he said, grinning.

“Of course, what was I thinking? We were obviously the best,” I said. My smile grew as Niall laughed, instantly sending butterflies to my stomach at the beautiful sound. 

“Did you want to see pictures?” he asked as he pulled out his phone. 

“Sure!” I hopped off of my seat and sat down beside him. I leaned in as he scrolled through his photos. He stopped scrolling and clicked on one, opening it up full screen. I laughed out loud the second that I laid my eyes on the picture. The rest of the group was dressed in ridiculous outfits and they had crazy hairstyles and the girls had outrageous makeup.

I clutched my stomach, still laughing my head off at the picture. Niall was laughing with me but he was able to compose himself as he just looked at me amusedly.

“Wow, that’s amazing!” I said as I was finally able to stop laughing. 

“Yeah, no one messes with Team Nisla,” he said. 

I raised my eyebrows at him. “Team Nisla, huh?”

He started blushing slightly. “Yeah, that was the name that I came up with that day.”

“Well, I think it’s cute,” I said, attempting to make him feel less embarrassed. It didn’t work though as the blush on his face grew but he gave me a small smile.

Once again, I found myself getting lost in his piercing blue eyes. I didn’t realize how close we were sitting until El cleared her throat. I jumped slightly as I broke my gaze from Niall and looked over at El. 

“It’s your turn, Niall,” she said. She was looking between me and Niall warily before taking her seat beside Louis. 

Niall got up and went to take his turn. The butterflies were starting to die down but my heart was still beating fast. I looked over at El and Louis and they were deep in conversation. I looked past them and set my eyes on Harry. He was playing with his phone but his face looked tense. His eyebrows were furrowed, his jaw was clenched and his shoulders were slumped.