Chapter 17

Harry’s POV

It’s been three days since Isla woke up and she was finally able to leave the hospital. The other day the girls had come to spend the day with her while the boys and I packed up Isla’s stuff from Niall’s place and moved it into mine.

We were in her room at Niall’s place and putting her stuff in boxes when I saw Niall holding a stuffed bear that he had given to Isla for Valentine’s Day. He was holding it and looking at it with sad eyes when he finally carefully placed it on the top of a box filled with her clothes.

I felt really bad for Niall for having to do this but he seemed like he was better than yesterday when Isla woke up.

We were able to get all of her stuff unpacked the day that she was supposed to be discharged from the hospital.

Me and Niall were now at the hospital helping her get ready to leave while the rest of us got my place ready to have a little party for when Isla finally gets to go home. 

“Hey, can you grab my sweater, babe?” she asked me. I walked over to the little couch where her sweater was on and grabbed her sweater and then walked over to her and helped her in it.

She grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me down for a kiss. “Thank you,” she smiled at me. “Can’t wait to go home.” She kissed me again, giving me butterflies all over my stomach. 

Suddenly, we heard someone clear their throat.

I pulled away and looked over at Niall at the doorway looking at the ground. He pushed in a wheelchair and brought it by the bed.

“I can walk though,” Isla complained.

“I know but you only need to use it to bring you to the car,” Niall explained.

She sighed and said, “Alright.”

“Well, let’s go,” I said. I helped her up from the bed and she sat down on the wheelchair. I was about to grab the handles but Niall made no gesture to move. I looked up at him and saw him looking awkwardly at me. He kept looking back from me and the wheelchair, opening and closing his mouth, trying to say something. 

“You can push the wheelchair and I’ll grab her things,” I said casually, a rush of relief showing on his face. He smiled at me and nodded.

I grabbed her bags as Niall turned the wheelchair around and exited the room. We all headed to the nurse’s desk, signing papers for discharge and talking with the doctor one more time. He just told us that Isla had to come back in a month for more tests and just repeated the more important details that he’s told us already regarding keeping Isla safe. 

We said goodbye to the doctor and headed out.

Niall and Isla were being their crazy selves as Niall pushed the wheelchair like a maniac and Isla was making siren sounds and laughing her head off. 

This was the first time I’ve seen Niall this happy since before the accident. It made me a bit jealous because what they have right now is more real than what me and Isla have right now. 

We reached the entrance and saw Paul standing beside our car. He saw us and grabbed the bags from my hands and put it in the trunk. I walked over to the car and opened the door.

“Hey, Niall, can you help Isla in the car?” I asked. I was trying to be nice by letting him help her, I thought he’d be happy but when I looked at him, he was looking at me with a weird look on his face. 

“Um, yeah, sure,” he said. He walked around and helped Isla up.

“Thank you, Ni-Ni,” Isla said.