Epilogue

Isla’s POV

I woke up with a pair of arms wrapped around me. I opened my eyes and looked up to see Niall sleeping peacefully beside me. It was his birthday and I was excited for today. Since we celebrated with everyone at his surprise party, today, it was just going to be me and him. I wanted to make this day special, starting now. 

So I leaned forward and placed my lips lightly on his. After a few seconds, I could feel his lips move slightly against mine. His arms tightened around, pressing me against him. I took my hand and rested it on the side of his face as he was now completely awake and kissing me tenderly. 

“Happy birthday, Niall,” I mumbled against his lips.

He hummed before ending the kiss and looking at me. “Thank you. My birthday is already starting perfectly.” He gave me a smile before he closed his eyes and buried his face into my neck, his breath tickling me.

“I’m excited for today,” I said. I couldn’t help the smile that crept on my face in anticipation for spending the whole day with Niall for his birthday.

“Me, too. I have something special planned for later tonight.”

“What is it?” I asked excitedly.

He chuckled. “It’s a surprise.”

“A surprise? But it’s your birthday.” I laughed as Niall pulled back to look at me again. 

“I wanted to make this day special for the both of us since I’m leaving for tour soon and I won’t be here for your birthday.” He looked at me with sad eyes.

We’ve been trying to spend as much time together as possible since him and the rest of the boys were going away on tour in a month. I’ve been dreading the day that he’s going to leave but I always try to put it out of my mind so that I can only focus on spending every possible second with Niall. 

“That’s sweet, Ni.” I couldn’t help feeling sad at the thought that our time was getting shorter and shorter by the second and I rested my head on his shoulder to hide it from Niall. He could probably sense it as he started rubbing my back up and down slowly, soothing me instantly. 

“Let’s not think about that right now. I want today to be perfect.”

“Shall we get ready? It’s almost noon and I was hoping we’d go for a walk through the park.”

“Sure,” he said.

I was expecting him to let me go but he just tightened his grip around my waist. 

“Niall.” I giggled. He wouldn’t move. I looked up at him and saw him pretending to sleep as he had a hint of a smile on his face. 

“Niall, let’s go get ready.” I tried to sound serious but failed as I laughed.

He suddenly puckered his lips. “Kiss me first.”

I rolled my eyes even though he still had his eyes closed before I leaned forward and gave him a small peck on the lips, teasing him. His eyes shot open and he frowned at me as I grinned at him. 

“That was not acceptable.” 

“And what is an acceptable kiss?”

“Like this…” he said before he closed his eyes and placed his lips on mine. He pulled me closer to him as the kiss grew more passionate, his lips moving urgently against mine. When I ran my fingers through his hair, he groaned and ran his tongue lightly against my bottom lip. I granted him access as his tongue entered my mouth. He rolled us over so his body was on top of mine, one of his arms being used to support his body above me and the other one rubbing against my waist. I shifted so that Niall was resting in between my legs before taking my hands and rubbing it over his bare back.