Chapter 11

~Flashback~

Isla’s POV

*RING* *RING*

Me and Harry jumped at the sudden loudness and sat up straight, realizing how we had seemed to lean close to each other while we were talking. 

*RING* *RING*

We continued to stare at each other for a while longer, a longing look present on his face and one on mine, which he could probably clearly see.

*RING* *RING*

Finally, Harry broke his gaze from me and looked down at his phone.

“It’s Lou,” he said, before answering the phone, “Hello?”

“HARRY!!!” I heard Louis yell through the phone. He was so loud that Harry had to pull the phone away from his ear a few inches.

“What do you want, Lou?” Harry asked, looking annoyed.

“I’m drunked-ed, I need to go home!” Lou continued to shout through the phone, “El is asleep and I’m lonely! Take me home! HEY! That’s the name of our new album! Hahaha, see what I did there!” Then he continued to giggle. I couldn’t help smiling at Harry’s face. He looked annoyed and embarrassed at the same time.

“Ok, I’ll call Paul and we’ll come pick you guys up,” Harry said, “bye, Lou.”

“Bye, curly!” Lou said before the line disconnected.

“Sorry about that,” he said. 

“It’s okay,” I said, “it was quite funny, actually. Your friends are hilarious when they’re drunk.”

“Yeah, but they have the wrong timing sometimes,” he said, “I was having a good time talking to you and now we have to go and get his drunk ass home.” 

Butterflies were flying in my stomach again. I didn’t know what to say. I was disappointed too that we had to go. I wanted to see him again but I didn’t know whether I should tell him. So, this means I like him? I do. He was really sweet and funny and I wanted to get to know him better.

He said that I could get to know him better another time. Did that mean that he actually wanted to or was he just being nice? All of these thoughts were confusing me.

I knew I had to say something or else I’d regret it if I didn't.

“Maybe we can continue this some other time,” I said, incredibly nervous.

He looked at me and a smile grew on his face, his dimples showing and his eyes sparkling. That alone made me smile myself.

“I would love that,” he said, “um, what’s your number so I can let you know when we can?” He pulled out his phone and I told him my number. Then I took out mine and he gave me his.

“Damn, I forgot to call Paul,” he said, “give me a second.” He tapped on his phone and put it up to his ear. After a few seconds he said, “Hey, Paul. Could you pick me and my friend up at Clara’s Coffee Cove and then we’ll pick up Lou and El at Liam’s and take us home?.........ok, thanks, Paul, you’re a lifesaver. Alright, see ya.” He then put his phone away.

“He’ll be here in a few minutes,” he told me, “let’s go wait outside for him.”

“Alright,” I said, getting up. I walked over to the cash register and the woman came back out from the kitchen. I was about to pull out some change when Harry handed the woman a £10.